R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAdding an outside shower faucet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding an outside shower faucet
    Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:22pm

Since my 'pod was at the dealer to have the front and rear decals removed, I got a quote to have them add an outside shower faucet.  We had one on our popup and missed it.  

So here it is.  There were few options for mounting - it needed to be near existing water lines, not in the way of existing equipment, etc.  One location was just in front of the water heater, but since using the hot water would cause the water heater to fire up I thought that was a bad idea.  We agreed on putting it just under the sink.  Unfortunately that put it just above the furnace so if we are camping w/o hookups when its cool out (the only time we use the furnace) we'll have to make sure we close the cover between uses.  I might make a small modification to hold the cover open half-way so I don't have to worry about it.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 10:52pm
I like it!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 9:49am
I love it.  Of all the mods I've read about, this one takes 1st place for me, knocking the door window mod down to 2nd place.  May I ask how much it cost for parts/labor?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:24pm
Very cool.  I might look into doing that.  

Also, standing near the exhaust vent on a cold day wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  It might feel nice to have some warm exhaust blowing over you while you clean off your feet or whatever.  Or even, if you have an outside shower curtain rigged up, having the warm air in there could feel pretty good.
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:43pm
You're brave to make a whole in your  Pod 

For me it's too fresh to my heart .. I cannot do that  .. I don't want to hurt her  loll
I'm not emotionally "ready" loll

But it's a very good mod  Thumbs Up
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:46pm
nascar - my dealer charged me $344, installed.  Obviously you could do it yourself much cheaper.  Buying and mounting the thing wouldn't have bothered me, but I didn't feel like dealing with the water connections inside.  Plus this way if rain water leaks in or the water connections leak I can take it back to them and demand a fix.

fishtail - that warm air might feel good, but it is combustion exhaust which at the very least would make you pass out... or worse.  Carbon monoxide poisoning isn't a good thing.  Disapprove
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by techntrek

nascar - my dealer charged me $344, installed.  Obviously you could do it yourself much cheaper.  Buying and mounting the thing wouldn't have bothered me, but I didn't feel like dealing with the water connections inside.  Plus this way if rain water leaks in or the water connections leak I can take it back to them and demand a fix.

fishtail - that warm air might feel good, but it is combustion exhaust which at the very least would make you pass out... or worse.  Carbon monoxide poisoning isn't a good thing.  Disapprove

LOL, I don't think that's a serious risk outside.  If you had it closed in maybe, but I figured you'd just have a shower curtain around you without a roof on it...you'd be safe then.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:51am
I like it. We could do one right behind the sink in the slide out.. Hmm... need to go to camping world soon..
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by techntrek

I think that price is fair, considering the fact that the dealer takes on all the responsibilities and has all the right tools.  For someone like me, who is not a handy person, I'd have to go out and buy all the tools, hope I got this right, etc.  I think that price is fine, considering what you got with it.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:10pm
Yup, me too.  I could have done it for under $100 including tools.  Its like oil changes and brake pads, I've done them many times in the past (including 2 oil changes this past weekend), but some times you just don't feel like it.  Like when its 20 F outside and there is snow on the ground. 

Or when its 100 F outside and the camper is already at the dealer...

I always preferred to do our dishes outside with the shower faucet with our popup, now I can again, yay.  My wife cooks, I do the dishes.  I've even offered use of it to nearby tenters in the past, a little pay-it-forward.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>