R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI'm thinking of change the mattress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm thinking of change the mattress
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:23am
We added Novaform Gel memory foam pad to our bunks and our dinette-bed.  It's not perfect but it is much more comfortable than just sleeping on the mattresses the Pod came with.  We got ours in Costco and I know that both US & Canadian Costcos have the same stock and both are currently having a promotion of $20-30 off.  I think the price before discount was approximately $169/189. Because of the exchange rate, the prices are the same too :)

My only advice when looking at this, is that you'll need to make a zippered case for these mattress pads. The ''gel" feature is lots of tiny blue gel beads in the memory foam and they fall out and rub off and basically make a mess. 

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:50am
We're using a 3" memory foam mattress topper that we bought from Costco, and it works like a dream.  We leave the table in bed mode all the time and eat outdoors, so it's not been a pain in the you know where to remove it every day.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm
We got our euro top inner spring mattress from CW two nights ago. Night and day difference from any RV mattress we have ever slept on. Is a "RV Queen" 60x74, $345 to the porch. Highly recommend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123