R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI'm thinking of change the mattress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm thinking of change the mattress
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:05pm
We got our euro top inner spring mattress from CW two nights ago. Night and day difference from any RV mattress we have ever slept on. Is a "RV Queen" 60x74, $345 to the porch. Highly recommend.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:50am
We're using a 3" memory foam mattress topper that we bought from Costco, and it works like a dream.  We leave the table in bed mode all the time and eat outdoors, so it's not been a pain in the you know where to remove it every day.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
g4royce View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 9:23am
We added Novaform Gel memory foam pad to our bunks and our dinette-bed.  It's not perfect but it is much more comfortable than just sleeping on the mattresses the Pod came with.  We got ours in Costco and I know that both US & Canadian Costcos have the same stock and both are currently having a promotion of $20-30 off.  I think the price before discount was approximately $169/189. Because of the exchange rate, the prices are the same too :)

My only advice when looking at this, is that you'll need to make a zippered case for these mattress pads. The ''gel" feature is lots of tiny blue gel beads in the memory foam and they fall out and rub off and basically make a mess. 

ChaiPod
2009 RP152
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 8:56am
Finally , we slept a night number 2 in our R-Pod and we will not make a change for this year.

With the 171 model , it makes it easy to but the sheets on because the mattress is thin and we can fold the corner to pass the sheet under.

If we had a real thick mattress, it's be more difficult even to but it on the "whole" where it belongs.

So .. at least it'll be a memory foam or nothing .
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
photog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 1:44am
Originally posted by TerryM

I contacted "Bed-in -box" about making a mattress for me.  Two inches shorter and 2 inches narrower so it would be easier to make the bed.  They could do it...for $769.00!  I think not!

Terry

$ 200.00 to make the mattress a little smaller seems like an awful lot of money. We left  ours the way it came and yes it's not easy to make the bed but one sort of figures it out and after a while it seems to get easier.

Take care,
Heinrich and Elly
2010 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab
2010 Prime Time Tracer 205M
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 1:21am
I contacted "Bed-in -box" about making a mattress for me.  Two inches shorter and 2 inches narrower so it would be easier to make the bed.  They could do it...for $769.00!  I think not!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 10:38am
Has anyone tried this 5.5" thick InnerSpace RV mattress?  It's fabric covered (cotton ticking) foam mattress.  I've found several websites online that sell it, and the reviews on each of them are pretty good.  I just wonder if anyone here on this forum has bought one and if so what they think of it.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

secretbard View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 4:01am
I'm planning on replacing my mattresses as well.  It's not that they are uncomfortable (especially after I added two layers of walmart bought memory foam), but all that foam makes it uncomfortably warm for me as my body temperature really rises aided by the all the foam.  What I am going to buy is an innerspring mattress, but I can't afford it until September.  Unhappy  I plan on ordering two twin size innerspring mattresses from these folks.    http://www.exceldistributors.com/

I'm going to be buying the RV Travelers Plush Innerspring mattresses.  The prices are pretty good too.  
2010 Rpod 172   :)
2004 Chevy Trailblazer
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 4:26pm
Diane- Chris reminds me that we leave them with the valves open. Works pretty well.
Walt
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Podsible Dream

We use the RPod mattress an put our camping Thermarest mattresses under it. Makes a firmer mattress with a good firmer "box spring" foundation. It also uses items tha would just moudler away otherwise.
Hmmm . . . . didn't think of using my self-inflating thermarests.  They are stored away in the garage.  Was going to give them to my grandsons who are Boy Scouts.  I may have to rethink.  Thanks Podsible!
Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>