R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater leak from the roof

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water leak from the roof
    Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 8:33pm
Hope all is well soon!  
caver*pod 175/Louisville KY
iamsmonk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 10:24pm
After reading a couple of threads lately, involving a select few forum members, I have come to the conclusion that the bulk of the campers out there (and on these forums) are just easy going people.  I think that's what makes a 'true' camper.  The ones that get upset and stay upset and hold a grudge are really not cut out to be campers!  It's all about chillin'.  Deal with the situation and get on with life...
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Jay & Tanner
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177

Let's go camping!
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 7:55am
Originally posted by iamsmonk

After reading a couple of threads lately, involving a select few forum members, I have come to the conclusion that the bulk of the campers out there (and on these forums) are just easy going people.  I think that's what makes a 'true' camper.  The ones that get upset and stay upset and hold a grudge are really not cut out to be campers!  It's all about chillin'.  Deal with the situation and get on with life...

Thanks for defining what a camper should be.  Obviously, I'm fall into the category of one of the "ones that get upset and stay upset", but according to you, I should just be a "true camper", accept anything and everything less than perfect and just get on with my life.  That model may work for you, but in life, one gets walked on and taken advantage of as proven time after time after time.  Continue to accept sub-par and inferior craftmanship from camper and all other products.  Quality will continue to degrade and everyone (according to you) will just have to smile, get over it and get on with their life.

It's time for me to disengage from this conversations.  It's apparrent, like I said in one of my other posts, that people are now "settling" and "accepting" things that should never be.  That may be good for you and others, but will never be for me.  Have a nice day.

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:00am
To the original poster, I am truly sorry for sh*tting-up your thread.  That wasn't my intent, honestly.  You should be p*ssed about a leaky roof in something so new.  It doesn't matter if it's a simple fix or not.  It should have never happened to begin with.  That's been the point I've been trying to make, but I seem to be in the minority feeling this way.  Good luck and I hope this gets resolve quickly and to your satisfaction.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
FISHTAIL View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Damour

I hope that you're not talk about me when you say words : panic, cry , worry   .. ?

No, he wasn't referring to you.  He was just using a figure of speech to get his point across.

Nascar, I also agree that it won't get better unless we all demand it, but I think the new house analogy is a good one.  We had lots of small problems with our new house when we bought back in 05 (can't believe it's been that long already), and had to have the builder or various contractors come back out to fix things.  

While I completely agree that it shouldn't be the way it is, it is nice to know that when you do have problems, that you aren't the only one.  And places like this, that let you know what you can expect to find wrong, help, because then you at least have a shot at getting it fixed before you take it home.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 4:50pm
Ying Yang I'm watching and wondering about this situation.  Unfortunately, I've had little time to do so for the past couple of days (and still don't).

The free exchange of ideas is a good thing.  However, when we begin to get "personal", I grow concerned, as I think most of the membership here does.  I'm not inclined to stand idle and let anyone be personally offended. 

Nascar, I'm going to ask you to remember that you are on an R-Pod Owners Forum.  You have made it clear that you do not think highly of R-Pods.  The membership here by and large does like R-Pods (some, even if they don't own one).  Please respect them. 

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:20pm

Damour……I don’t feel that I need to speak for Outbound, as he is very capable of expressing himself. However, I have been reading his writings for quite some time and feel that I have gained some insight. It would surprise me greatly if he intended any offense to you. I believe his remarks were directed solely at the other fellow, whom had taken issue with him. I have found Outbound to be very experienced and a good source of information & knowledge. He is always willing to help. He is a valued member of the group we have here.

By the way, I find your “English” delightful!

Iamsmonk………Keep chill’in!

Everyone else………..get out there and camp…..that’s an order! Then come back and tell us all about it.

Your moderator has SPOKEN! LOL

Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 8:36pm
I understand that english is not my spoke langage .

So , sometimes it's hard for me to understand exactly the meaning of a statement.

and .. It's hard too sometimes to express myself the right way .

Thank you David for your message. Smile
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 9:48pm
Thank you for being part of our group!Smile

English is hard - even when speaking in person.  Writing is even harder......we can't see facial expressions, "body language", or tone of voice.  Sometimes it is hard to tell if someone is, say, joking or being serious, if you know what I mean.

I just wanted to be sure you were not offended.  Most everyone here tries to be very helpful and friendly.  It is a good place.  Be assured that if the moderators or Admin sees anyone being offensive, they will be spoken to.  You are among friends, here.
tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2011 at 11:18pm
Thanks David I was beginning to wonder what was going on.
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>