R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWater leak from the roof

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water leak from the roof
    Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 3:57pm
Angry Not happy at all ...

Yesterday it rains and today we found water over the bed zone  ..

we have an appointment tomorrow morning to check this ...

They will check the shower too where the water spill under on the ground
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:05pm
I'm sorry to hear of that Cry.  Hopefully they will repair both issues quickly and correctly.
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:08pm
The guy said : I don't understand how it can happen on an R-Pod ....

I don't know either but yes .. water came from roof ... Pig

so repare that .. and quickly ! grrrrr
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:17pm
Believe me, I understand.  The only problem I have had with my camper was a roof leak - like you - over the bed.  I took it back to the dealer and had them repair the roof AND replace the wood under the bed that had gotten wet.  I did not want a mildew problem.  The matress was not damaged, as I had not yet taken off the plastic shipping plastic "bag" - or I would have had them replace that too.  The factory had clearly missed sealer in a couple of spots.  All has been well since.

It is frustrating to spend thousands on something to enjoy and have problems!
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 4:29pm
Fortunately we left a plastic table downside up on the bed for the transport

all the water was in the table
No water has been in contact with the wood under the bed and the matress only receive the water when we took the table away (that's when we have see that water came in)

We took off the matress to let him dry .
FISHTAIL View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 9:25am
That stinks.  I was concerned about this problem when I first got mine, but was also lucky enough not to have an issue.  Thankfully, the day after we brought it home we had a nasty thunderstorm, which I rode out in the driveway sitting in the R-Pod, checking for leaks.  

I've been extremely fortunate it seems, the only assembly problem I have found so far was that the table supports around the dinette weren't screwed in very well.  Fixed that with some deck screws.
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 11:27am
Your dealer will fix it and Forest River won't give you any problems.  Its likely just the gasket that needs to be replaced - its very easy to wrinkle/damage while lowering the air conditioner into place.

I've said the following before, and I'll likely say it again many times:

Buying a trailer is not like buying a new car that has been meticulously quality checked throughout the assembly process; you can expect the car to function flawlessly for years.  Buying a trailer is more like buying a new house, with many different trades involved in construction and assembled from many different components from different manufacturers.  You expect to call your builder back to fix the small problems which crop up.  Much the same can be said of buying a new trailer from any manufacturer.

Relax.  Expect to find a few, small problems with your new trailer.  Make a list and take it to your dealer to be fixed when its convenient for you.  This is the way the RV industry works.  Your dealer has staff on board to handle these problems - from dealing with Forest River's warranty department to correctly diagnosing and fixing your issue.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Outbound

Your dealer will fix it and Forest River won't give you any problems.  Its likely just the gasket that needs to be replaced - its very easy to wrinkle/damage while lowering the air conditioner into place.

I've said the following before, and I'll likely say it again many times:

Buying a trailer is not like buying a new car that has been meticulously quality checked throughout the assembly process; you can expect the car to function flawlessly for years.  Buying a trailer is more like buying a new house, with many different trades involved in construction and assembled from many different components from different manufacturers.  You expect to call your builder back to fix the small problems which crop up.  Much the same can be said of buying a new trailer from any manufacturer.

Relax.  Expect to find a few, small problems with your new trailer.  Make a list and take it to your dealer to be fixed when its convenient for you.  This is the way the RV industry works.  Your dealer has staff on board to handle these problems - from dealing with Forest River's warranty department to correctly diagnosing and fixing your issue.

Well, I guess I'll get flamed again, but I can't keep my mouth shut.  The "RV industry works" this way exactly because of your willingness to accept it and not demand it be better.  Do you hear what you're saying?  No way will I ever "expect" to have issues after spending some serious cash.  I can't speak for new homes, since all I've ever owned are pre-owned, but I have a bigger issue just sitting there "expecting" problems with the finished product.

Put the RV maker's feet to the fire and demand more.  Demand quality.  Demand it gets done right the first time.  If I was an RV maker or RV dealer, I'd love to deal with customers that are only like you.  I'd have no responsibilities to live-up to other than to eventually get the problem fixed.  I'd have little accountability, nor would I have to really worry about putting out a quality product from the start, since you and others like you have set the standard for low-expectations and accepting how the "RV industry works".

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:33pm
nascar, I am in no way endorsing the situation.  And, you're very correct that unless customers as a group demand better, the situation won't get better.  I encourage owners to bring their issues and experiences up with the manufacturers and dealers and to suggest realistic ways to improve.

But, nascar, don't ever make the assumption that I'm complacent.  I am, however, a realist.  I have no interest in crying over spilt milk.  When I have a problem, I move forward, resolve the problem and then move on with life.

The point of my post was not how things should be done or how the manufacturer could have done a better job in the first place.  I'm addressing the existing situation right now, today.  We have to deal with the way things are today.  Part of that is understanding that quality issues regularly occur and that warranties and the dealership network are setup to address them.  There's no need for someone who has a problem with their new trailer to panic, or to cry, or to worry that they've thrown their money away on a piece of junk.

Damour's problem will be fixed with a minimum amount of fuss.
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Outbound

But, nascar, don't ever make the assumption that I'm complacent.  I am, however, a realist.  I have no interest in crying over spilt milk.  When I have a problem, I move forward, resolve the problem and then move on with life.

(..)  Part of that is understanding that quality issues regularly occur and that warranties and the dealership network are setup to address them.  There's no need for someone who has a problem with their new trailer to panic, or to cry, or to worry that they've thrown their money away on a piece of junk.

Damour's problem will be fixed with a minimum amount of fuss.

I hope that you're not talk about me when you say words : panic, cry , worry   .. ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>