Topic ClosedTV Mount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV Mount
    Posted: 26 Jun 2011 at 10:18pm
If I had to add something to my Rpod wish list, it would be a TV mount.  We have a 176, and got the 19" HDTV with it.  Unfortunately, the TV not only didn't come with a mount (which I can excuse), but there is nowhere to mount it.  In order to mount the TV in it's intended location in the entertainment center, I have to attach some 1x4's to the back of the entertainment center, secure them to the shelves above and below, stain it (and hope it matches close enough) so I can mount the TV where it belongs.

You could argue they just want you to secure it with the included stand, but that stand doesn't even fit flat on the given shelf.  It's a small gripe, and it should be easy for them to give you some wood to screw a TV mount on there.  They could even put it in the framing behind the veneer, and just mark it somehow for you.

As an aside, it'd be nice if they included a qt of matching stain with every camper purchase for touch ups and mods.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 10:11am
That's weird that the 176 did not come with a mount.  The mount that came with the 182G works very well--just slide it in, and it locks into place.  You might try contacting Forest River and see if that mount will work with your 176.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2011 at 11:53am
Do you have a picture of it?  Part of the problem is that the entertainment center where the TV goes doesn't have any solid framing to attach the TV too...it's just veneer in the back, which can't hold the TV up.  At least, it felt like nothing was there from a gentle press..the entire backing moved.  I have a stud finder, so I'll check with that prior to installing my work around, but I"m wondering why they didn't put some framing there to mount the TV to start with.

Not sure what kind of mount the 182 came with, but I just ordered a very simple flat mount from some online RV site for 20 bucks that should work fine.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 8:14am
I'll stop at the storage shed this afternoon on my home from work and snap a picture of it.
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2011 at 10:34pm
Here are some pictures for you to look at.  Smile'

kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 8:24am
@tpierce220 ~ Do you find yourselves using the mount in the garage much yet?  In our 181g I found that our garage is almost always up against trees at a campground and never much room to even think of using the tv back there.

This past week I moved the TV mount in the garage and added it into the Rdome seating area just beneach the window by the door.  The wife and I are enjoying it much more there now.
FISHTAIL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:41am
oh man, I like that.  That's much nicer than the 20 dollar mount I purchased.  Plus, with that I could swivel the TV around and watch it through the door.  I assume it locks flat against the wall for travel.  Any idea what the brand name/model is of that thing?  I'd love to order one of those.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:54am
@kymooses--We leave the tv in the garage unless we're camping when it will come inside the trailer.  I've not been in a position where there's been a problem using the garage.  It's been a blessing to use it to prep and to do dishes.  

@Fishtail, I would call Forest River and ask them how much the mount will cost.  It does stay flat though I keep the television in the garage during travels because they put a strap back there to secure the television.  While I'm sure that the television is not going to pop off the mount as it does snap in place, I really don't want to tempt fate.  LOL
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2011 at 10:58am
Originally posted by tpierce220

@kymooses--We leave the tv in the garage unless we're camping when it will come inside the trailer.  I've not been in a position where there's been a problem using the garage.  It's been a blessing to use it to prep and to do dishes.  

@Fishtail, I would call Forest River and ask them how much the mount will cost.  It does stay flat though I keep the television in the garage during travels because they put a strap back there to secure the television.  While I'm sure that the television is not going to pop off the mount as it does snap in place, I really don't want to tempt fate.  LOL

I haven't had a problem using the garage, just not as much room to set up chairs and watch the tv back there I've found.  Also I took the strap from the garage and moved it into the inside.  This way our tv stays inside strapped up against the wall unless we want to watch it outside at night or something.

Love the garage for the cooking and dishes.  It's the perfect area for all of that!
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by tpierce220

... I keep the television in the garage during travels because they put a strap back there to secure the television...

We also have the 182G, and on our recent trip to Montana, we used it in both places (garage & inside). Absolutely love being able to watch a DVD while preparing the food.

I decided it would be more secure traveling with it inside the 'pod instead of in the garage, so I removed the straps from the back and screwed them into the wood frame surrounding the inside TV mount area. Just to keep it very solid, I cut down a block of styrofoam to put underneath it to keep the TV from jiggling around. I placed that between the bottom of the TV and the lower part of the frame. Works like a charm, and it keeps the TV very secure while traveling over the bumps of all that summer road construction!
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>