R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreasing the Grooves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greasing the Grooves
    Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 6:19pm
Hmmm, that sounds worth looking into.
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:42pm
I go to Murphy every few years to John C. Campbell Folk School to take classes. They have a campground, but I have not gone there since I aquired the Pod. Might try that sometime. They have full hookups.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 10:22am
Originally posted by mountain mist

I had one more recommendation of Vogel State Park yesterday, they were suprised I had heard of it, but the tom-toms of the Pod people are up to date. I may be heading there if there  is opening when I get back and see the date I can leave.

Vogel State Park is one of my daughter and son-in-law's favorite state parks for camping in their popup.  It has a beautiful lake and nice wooded campsites, and for those with kiddos it has two nice playgrounds, one small and one larger.  Your nearest town if you need to get to the grocery store, etc. is Blairsville, GA.  Last time we camped out there was quite some time ago, and we decided to take a drive over to Murphy, N.C. which wasn't that much further away but it was a nice jaunt. 

Our jaunt to Murphy was the weekend Eric Rudolph (the Atlanta bomber during the Olympics) was arrested.  The police were everywhere along the highway in Murphy.  I've always thought Rudolph "let" himself get caught, anyway.  He had managed to elude law enforcement for several years until then, and getting caught behind a dumpster was a pretty inglorious arrest.  Well, that's my opinion anyway, for whatever it's worth -- maybe 2 cents?  Embarrassed
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 8:00am
Cool.
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 7:47am
Well, this person of a certain age has not gotten out this season. I have to do better next year.
But having the need of help to de-winterizer this time so that I could observe and do, hopefully I can do the upkeeping of the Pod in that department this year. Due to that and not wanting to pressure the hubby (and I could have gotten him started earlier, but with varied results) I find I am STILL not out camping.
We had really cold weather, then the coin flips and we have really hot weather. Was rainy and cold in March, April we travel to Texas first weeks, then getting the process started with the Pod could have been quite a bit faster, but all know how life comes in and if I go camping I no longer can zoom out and do a day or so and back, need a bit more time. If I go, I want a period of time to put down and enjoy. I still have the baking soda in the system, just a matter of draining that and loading water if I go dry camping.
Except for frig. I am ready to roll. But Memorial Day loomed, then family came for the birthday and the fire flies were mating in Elkmont, so no room in the inn. And I leave Thursday for Texas again, will be back in time for July 4thClownOuch. So looks like the time after holiday IF all is well among folks I know.
I had one more recommendation of Vogel State Park yesterday, they were suprised I had heard of it, but the tom-toms of the Pod people are up to date. I may be heading there if there  is opening when I get back and see the date I can leave.
How did life get so complicated, just many years of gathering responsibility, even when retired. But I am burning daylight, need to GOStar 
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 8:10pm
Yes, Mountain Mist, I love camping, too!  It's amazing how much we have in common -- we're both into camping -- the husbands are into flying.  Which leaves us camping alone in the mountains we love (well not exactly alone, with friends and family).  And leaves us setting up and taking down camp by ourselves, but we CAN do it!  You amaze me, too - you're a little older than me, and you are STILL doing this by yourself.  You go girl!
2011 Mercedes ML350

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 6:23pm
LOLNot sure how smart it is to be doing the Pod, but I LOVE camping, in most any form. I only think of age when I just happen to and do set up and break down at my own pace.
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 5:42pm
Mountain Mist-- many happy returns on entering the next decade!!! I like your attitude and approach, hard to believe the DOB!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 5:36pm
PS. I don't think the lights are tacky at all. Like campers everywhere, it is festive and homey.Wink
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 7:57am
This way sure saves time by having them on there all the time. I have ordered some Klicky Klicks  to use, but will take them down each time.Hmmmm
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>