R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwax on danielson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: wax on danielson
    Posted: 05 May 2011 at 7:36pm
I wash mine in the driveway using automotive car wash with a soft synthetic brush - made for RV's - attached to a painter's pole.  It doesn't seem to take any more time than washing the truck.

I'm a waxer and my owner's manual (not Pod or FR) recommends it at least twice yearly.  Mine has a gel coat finish similar to the Pod.  However, like Outbound, I have heard folks speak against waxing.  I did wax my Pod a couple of times and had some minor decal peeling on the front. But, there are those who don't wax and have had the same or worse peeling.  Maybe this would be a good question for one of our "insiders" to ask of FR - what do they recommend?
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 2:15pm
I've been told several times (but always in an anecdotal way) that wax + decals do not mix.

Personally, I just take our R-POD to the spray-n-wash.  I just use pre-soak, then foam brush and finally a fresh water spray (from 5-6 feet away) to rinse it off.  Usually costs about $10 in coin.

Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
psaman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:33pm
It's been discussed before and everyone has an opinion, which is the great thing about this forum. At any rate, I use a self serve car/boat wash, with the spray wand and brush. I apply soap and scrub with the brush wand, then rinse with the regular wand, but I stand back a bit and try not to blast the skin with high pressure. Afterwards I apply wax through the wand and low pressure rinse. Looks like new afterwards and so far no leaks.
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:07pm
my pod needs a bath.  and probably a wax....the thought of doing karate kid all over the pod sounds unappealing....is there like a spray way that makes that a bit easier?
172T
 Post Reply Post Reply