R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGot the POD home safe and sound!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got the POD home safe and sound!
    Posted: 16 May 2011 at 10:36pm
Hey H.P. Groupie!  From one R-pod owner from Calhoun GA to another.  We camped at Salacoa Creek in Calhoun this past weekend and could not have asked for better camping weather.  Our little 177 was the talk of the park!  We definitely placed "Best in Show" this weekend.
Happy Trails!
Jerry & Sandy and an 8 lb Maltese dog
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:25am
Hey Sanjera!  I live just down the road from Salacoa Creek Park (at Red Bud).  I'm actually thinking of doing my maiden camping trip at Salacoa Creek because I will still be close to home if somthing comes up I didn't think of.  I teach school and this is the LAST week of school, and FINALLY I can go camping.  I can't wait.

Is that your R-Pod parked at that subdivision just outside of town on 156 like you're going to Rome?  You said you camped in Calhoun but you didn't say you were from Calhoun.  Just wondering.  So how do you like your 177?

Oh . . . and it's REALLY nice to meet you!
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

sanjerga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:59am
Hey there!  Yes, that is our little Pod you see backed in!  Small world isn't it! That road is actually 5-Spur to Rome.
What model did you buy?  We love our Pod!  Number one, it's just so darn cute!  It's easy to tow, and my husband is a pro at backing up Big smile  We purchased ours from Three Way Campers in Marietta, who in our opinions could not be any better accomodating.
We plan to go to Salacoa Creek again the weekend of June 24th.  Perhaps we will see you there?
There are so many beautiful places to go in Georgia and a lot of them are within less than 50 miles from our house.
It's nice to meet you also!
Happy Trails!
sanjerga View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:00pm
Can't type.....53-Spur to Rome.  Sorry!
Happy Trails!
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 4:30pm
That's right -- I forgot that was the 53 spur!  I passed an R-Pod on Red Bud Road at Red Bud the Sunday that school Spring Break (April 10) came to an end.  I had noticed that the R-Pod had been gone from your subdivision that week.  Now, I bet that was you I passed, wasn't it?!!  I had just bought my own R-Pod from Three Way Campers that very week, but I hadn't picked it up and gone through the Walk-through then.  It really is a small world after all!  LOL 

About June 24, I'm not sure.  I'm flying to England on the 29th so that's a little close together, but what a good idea!

Oh yes, . . . . and I have a 177 also.

Diane
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234