R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CuriousLinda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 7:16pm
I love this thread, I don't even have my Pod yet and I'm already reading up on care, maintenance and use of it.

I was thinking I could use a "Toolbox" list; stuff you need to have in your tool box, to set up, tear down, and to fix anything unexpected that comes up.  I already know WD-40 and Duct Tape.  ;-)

Future Pod Owner
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:42pm
Forget duct tape, it is useless.  Get Gorilla tape, awesome stuff.  The usual assortment of screwdrivers, a hammer, adjustable wrench, pliers, several large spring clamps to hold tarps, a chain and lock to lock up bikes 'n stuff, 100 foot extension cord, power strip, several 120 volt lights, rope.  That is most of what I have in my setup box.

But most importantly the outlet tester and voltage tester discussed in the first item on the first post.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:18pm
Added a link to the current discussion on dealing with inclines/braking/downshifting.
carpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote carpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 6:35pm
Here is the Jensen AWM968 Stereo Manual
The Carson Pod, Kit, Linda and Bay
2017 R-Pod 180
2 Year old Boston Terrier Mix
Leo B View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Leo B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2016 at 6:38pm
That's a good one to add!!
Leo & Melissa Bachand
2017 Ford F150
2021 Vista Cruiser 19 csk
Previously owned
2015 Rpod 179
2010 Rpod 171
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2016 at 1:51pm
Thanks, I'll add that to the main list.
David49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 2:48pm
What do the "low point drains" connect? What do they do? I'm assuming they're not the tank low point. 
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 7:01pm
The low point drains, when open, drain all of the water out of the plumbing lines in the pod.  They are used when winterizing.  There is one for the cold water line and one for the hot.  Apparently some Pods have 2 pairs of low point drains.

For best results, all of the faucets should be open to let air replace the water that drains out. 

The low point drains are at the low point in the plumbing.  Duh.  So they don't drain the fresh water tank.  It has it's own drain, and water is pumped up out of the tank, so you need to open the LP drains as well as the fresh water tank when winteriizing.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
David49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 3:13pm
Thanks TT! Do they drain the water heater or is that a separate process/valve?
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SNO4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by David49

Thanks TT! Do they drain the water heater or is that a separate process/valve?

Draining the water heater is a separate process by pulling the anode rod. Then at the same time you can inspect the anode rod for erosion and flush the water heater. We bought our Pod two years old and used the same rod for three years. (don't know about the first two years with the original owner) After last year I think I'm going to change it. The anode rod that's in there from last spring must not like that North and , South Dakota water.  :-) We were out to Teddy Roosevelt Nat Park and the northern Black hills.

Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 25>