R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:16pm
If you are talking about the water heater the drain is the anode, and that is a big plug on the front of the heater (the side facing out). If not the heater then I don't know what hot water tank you are referring to.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
k4fcp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote k4fcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 2:11am
Thanks!  I was just looking at the posted IM and it said to drain the hot water heater from outside...and there is/are two plugs underneath near the driver side wheel.
Rich
2013 R-177
2013 Ford F 150 4X4
(yeah, bought a new truck)!
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 8:31am
Those are the low point drains for the water system on my 177. While I suppose theoretically you could drain at least some of the heater from there if you had lots of time, I recommend the main drain where the anode goes in. Drains in seconds and gets almost all the water out.
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 10:12pm
Several times I've just drained from the low point drains, opening up all the faucets and the over pressure valve to break the vacuum.  It does take about 10 minutes though.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
rebecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by techntrek

Appliance energy useage 

These numbers can be useful when you are plugged into a 20 amp outlet, or even a 30 amp outlet.  Wattage equals volts times amps, so you need to keep your total useage below 2400 watts on a 20 amp outlet and 3600 watts on a 30 amp outlet.  So for instance if you are on a 20 amp outlet you would be pushing it to have your water heater electric element on along with the A/C, plus a few lights, and the baseline amount that the converter uses at all times.

First number is Wh, the second is VA.

- Converter only, battery fully charged: no measurement (so something less than 100 watts)
- A/C, fan and compressor running: 1000/1100
- Water heater, electric element: 1300/1300
- Fridge, in AC mode: 200/200
- Microwave: 1700/1800
- Every light on: 200/400
- Exhaust fan, low: no measurement
- Exhaust fan, medium: 100/100
- Exhaust fan, high: 100/100
- Water pump: 100/200

I forgot to measure the microwave's convection mode, and while I measured the A/C with the fan only I forgot to write it down.  I didn't try to measure the television since it is probably less than 30 watts.  Obviously the lack of accuracy prevented good numbers on the exhaust fan - someone found the factory-claimed amps for the 3 settings a while ago.  Some things are running through the converter (lights, fan, pump) so there are conversion losses as part of the numbers.

Edited 9/5/12 to add this link, with much more accurate amp readings @ 12 volts.  http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2898&title=electrical-current-draw

rebecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote rebecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 8:54am
Hi!  I'm new to the site and hope I'm posting in the correct spot!!  I have a 2011 176T, and was soooo excited to fine this forum.  After reading some posts - where is the low point drain - am I missing something other than the grey water drain?
Thanks,
#havepatience 
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wingnut2312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 9:02am
The low point drains should be in front of your passenger side wheel, under the fresh water fill. There is also a black water drain. I have a 186g so I don't know if this is the exact spot. Either way, look for two small drains, next to each other, with black caps. They will be on the outer edge.
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 9:48am
Welcome.  Yes, the low-point drains should be somewhere along the bottom edge on the left side (as you face forward).  There will be two of them hanging down.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Thinkcooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Thinkcooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 12:44pm
One thing this newbie podder noticed seems to be missing? Gray Water/Black Water labeling on the pod, and draining. My 177 has labels and two drains for Waste Water and Sewer Water. Not sure which is Black, which is Gray, and what the best process is for handling / dumping the nasty water. Any gloves you guys use, or process to keep from making a mess?
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wingnut2312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 1:03pm
Use golves. Make sure your emptying tube is connected before you open the drain. Past that, don't get on you're shoes!! ;-)
2014 rpod 182G
Ford Expedition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 25>