R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
My socket is a pretty conventional socket that does need an adapter.  
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
Broz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Broz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 10:22pm
Question : We are just getting started and could not get the Gas knobs on the stove to go to the light position - It there a trick.

Bob Rosner
Broz form IL
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SNO4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Broz

Question : We are just getting started and could not get the Gas knobs on the stove to go to the light position - It there a trick.

Bob Rosner

I'm assuming a little bit here because we are newbies this fall ourselves.  I believe the stove top does not have an integral ignite r. Or ours doesn't work, we have a 2011 - 177.  
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
SchipperPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchipperPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 12:00am
We have a 2014 178, and you need to light the stove with a long match or gas lighter.  I think turning the dial to Light just means it's the maximum amount of gas to catch from your flame.  It doesn't have a self-spark system to light it.
Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
Plus 4 Schipperkes: Kodi, Jessie, Maggie & Bear
2014 R-Pod 178
2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 9:14am
Originally posted by SchipperPod

We have a 2014 178, and you need to light the stove with a long match or gas lighter.  I think turning the dial to Light just means it's the maximum amount of gas to catch from your flame.  It doesn't have a self-spark system to light it.

SEE??!! you are sharing the knowledge already!! "Good on you", as they say.

No electric lighting action, turn to the "light" area nad light with a long/BBQ lighter..
wagnert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wagnert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
Wow! Your dealer gets an D-.
Ours explained details like stove lighting and provided a lighter in the drawer under the stove.
Tom Wagner
2012 R-Pod 177
2003 Toyota Sienna
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:24pm
I moved G-Force's post to its own thread here:  http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4116
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Broz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Broz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:04pm
Followed the Winterization instructions Wow - OK I an a NEWBEE and it was great to have the fantastic instructions. At least R-Pod marks on the side of the trailer the location of the Drain Plugs.

Thank you again for the great instructions - It only took 1.5 hours and included reading the instructions several times..
Broz form IL
SNO4ME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote SNO4ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Broz

Followed the Winterization instructions Wow - OK I an a NEWBEE and it was great to have the fantastic instructions. At least R-Pod marks on the side of the trailer the location of the Drain Plugs.

Thank you again for the great instructions - It only took 1.5 hours and included reading the instructions several times..

Huh, sounds like my afternoon.  Smile

From another newbie, thanks again.

I talked to a couple other RVers that I know and they both said "what low point drain?"
Bruce & Donna in the Sno Pod
(and Brewer too)
2011 RP 177
k4fcp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote k4fcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 6:30pm
Great idea on the IM.  The hot water tank appears to have two drains underneath and I'm assuming the one towards the rear is the drain.  I unscrewed that (rear cap) but water just trickles out and I think the little white gasket (like the one for fresh water) is stuck in the hole.  Best way to remove?
Muchas Gracias!
Rich
2013 R-177
2013 Ford F 150 4X4
(yeah, bought a new truck)!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 25>