R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 25>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 4peas in a pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 12:54pm
This is a great resource. Fortunately I'm able to find answers to my questions from others that are experiencing the same issues. Becomes obvious that there's lack of adequate instructions available in many cases. I'm a newbie and see that many of the manufacturer instructions have built in assumptions that there is a certain level of knowledge already. I always feel that instructions should be written for the complete newbie. I guess that's why I have a complete library of Dummies books http://www.rpod-owners.com/smileys/smiley1.gif
Anyway, I appreciate the input from all the contributors and will pass it on as my knowledge expands.

Cheers
4Peas in a Pod
2014 RP-172
2014 Toyota Tacoma
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:31pm
Welcome 4peas.

Tbslants, go to the link in my signature (which is page 1 of this thread) and look for the 2nd item in the list on Winterization.  There is a complete step-by-step list, plus a link to a video one of the members here produced.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
4peas in a pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 4peas in a pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:30pm
Hello Techntrek, Is item number one, the low point drains, the 2 hanging down approx. behind the tire (mine is a red and blue pipe)? At this point should I also open up the plug at the bottom of the fresh water tank?

Post Options Post Options   Quote 4peas in a pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 4:31pm
Should have said I have a 2014 172
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 5:01pm
The video is unavailable Confused
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:43pm

Fridge:  Dometic RM8501

Threads with info:

Random info:
- if AC mode suddenly stops working, check the GFCI outlet within the pod, it has probably tripped.  Also check the circuit breaker in the converter

- the latch on the wall inside the fridge will slide forward to keep the door open slightly between trips and over the winter to prevent mold and odors; remember to slide it back when you turn the fridge on

- only run the fridge on DC mode while towing, when your TV is running, and only if you have at least 10 gauge wire run from the TV's battery and the Bargman (7-pin) connector; 12 and 14 gauge wire is too small and will create a large voltage drop.

- the fridge uses 12 volts all the time, to run the control board; this plus the LPG detector are the two largest battery drains while boondocking since it occurs 24/7

- get your stove lit before you use the gas mode on the fridge, this ensures the gas lines have been purged of air before the fridge tries to light

- plug in the pod and turn the fridge to AC mode the night before a trip, partly to charge the battery (make sure it is connected too) and also to pre-cool the fridge; change to DC or gas mode before leaving

- the fridge must be level when it is stationary - as long as the pod feels level enough to live in it, it is level enough for the fridge; it is ok if the pod isn't level going down the road since the bouncing takes care of potential problems 

Installation manual, including wiring diagram near the back (enter the security letters then download the PDF):  http://www.manualslib.com/download/40747/Dometic-Absorption-Rmd-8501.html
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:01pm
4peas, yes.

capricorn, I've sent a PM to kymooses to find out what happened.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 4peas in a pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 11:04pm
Thanks a bunch Tech
2McPods View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 9:54am
Thanks Smile
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 8:07am
The link for the video has been fixed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 25>