R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:44pm
Welcome, wagnert.  You'll be fine without a surge protector.  Personally I worry less about voltage spikes than I do about low voltage in campgrounds on a hot summer day.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 3:43am
The above post (regarding Calvin Klein underwear) was hidden by me.  It appears to be spam and totally unrelated to the forum.
2Peas-n-Rpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote 2Peas-n-Rpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 11:16am
Darn! I thought that Calvin Klein was required attire for fixing the Pod! LOL
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod (now sold)
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Keith-N-Dar View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith-N-Dar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 12:34pm
I can't imagine they would make them to fit me...
Keith-N-Dar
Boris & Betty (Boston Terriers)
2011 R-Pod 177
2010 Ford F-150
duck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote duck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 6:10pm
Techntrek,

I am about to install my axle risers. I'm curious, why do you say you need 4 jack stands? From other descriptions it appears you do only one side at a time using two stands under the frame on that side rather than jacking both sides up and placing jack stands under both sides of the frame simultaneously. Or maybe you use the extra two sets of floor jacks at some other point on the trailer?

Thanks for the clarification,
duck42
Alex&Marie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex&Marie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 7:24pm
We installed our axle risers on our 177 a couple weekends ago. We did one side at a time. I only used 1 of my two jack stands to hold up the one side after raising it up with the hydraulic jack. I placed the jack stand to the rear of the wheel after raising the r-pod with the jack.

Seemed to be pretty straight forward. 

Good luck
Alex and Marie
2012 R-pod 177
2006 Toyota Tundra
duck42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote duck42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 11:07am
Great, thanks for the information, although I think I will use two jacks on the frame on either side of the wheel for "peace of mind".
duck42
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 2:19pm

One side at a time is fine, when we did mine we dropped the whole thing at one time.  I agree that you should back up your jack with a jack stand.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 3:16pm
    duck42  make sure you measure from hitch to each wheel so that you have proper alignment of axle before securing it in place. 
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

Bill-GA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bill-GA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by David and Danette

duck42  make sure you measure from hitch to each wheel so that you have proper alignment of axle before securing it in place. 

Is it really practical to 'adjust' the axle alignment?  (maybe we should call this "axle tracking" to the frame?) OK to check it ...  but how much play is in the new riser mounts to make an adjustment?  Do we lossen the bolts and nudge the riser(s) with a hammer to move it? I wouldn't expect more than 1/16" movement could be had based on the +/- I had when I installed my risers.

If I'm driving down the road and I see 2 inches of my rpod in my right mirror and a foot in the left mirror ... OK, I might have to do something.
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 25>