R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDe-winterizing checklist

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: De-winterizing checklist
    Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:46pm
Thanks to both of you.  I was sincerely trying to help you both.....even though you thought (think) I was (am) insane.  I'm sure Tech was too.  Somewhat like yourselves, I have no spouse/significant other...it's not just a matter of pride or independance, in my case. 

Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 5:54pm
Dixie, let us know David's comments (verbatim?) when one of your lovely canine teeth goes thru that pretty yellow ball! [LOL]
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by David

Thanks to both of you.  I was sincerely trying to help you both.....even though you thought (think) I was (am) insane.  I'm sure Tech was too.  Somewhat like yourselves, I have no spouse/significant other...it's not just a matter of pride or independance, in my case. 

Well, I DO have a spouse, and believe it or not he is a wonderful guy.  He loves to farm, and he loves to fly.  He's been 3 years building an RV-7, a homebuilt kit plane, and flew it for the first time last weekend.  The RV-7 is still considered an experimental aircraft until it has 40 flying hours on it, so no one can fly with him until then.  It is a gorgeous aircraft.  So between the business we own, the farm, and the 2 airplanes -- he also has a 1942 DeHaviland Tiger Moth (with open cockpit) -- he just doesn't have time or much interest in my new toy, the RPod, so I am trying to be as independent as I can.  I can't blame him really, the RPod just doesn't have the same glamor for him as an airplane! 

Don't let me mislead you, we have worked extremely hard before we were financially able to get the airplane my husband always dreamed about.  And he and I (like Techntrek) have camped out in our car more than one occasion due to lack of funds.  Hmmm, maybe THAT'S why I love the Pod! Big smile  And besides I have lots of other family members who like to camp with me.  My daughter is wonderful - she likes to camp, AND she like to fly -- she just got her pilot's license last summer.  So she makes me happy AND her daddy happy, too!

2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by David

.....even though you thought (think) I was (am) insane. 

David, I think you misunderstood me . . . I think WE are all insane!  At least all of us carrying on this discussion, huh?  But hey, I thought you, Tech, and Podsible Dream all came up with some pretty darn good ideas.  And thanks for trying to help the ladies out -- we appreciate it, and that's the truth!
Diane
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:39pm
This gets stranger and stranger, the simularities. My husband was a Navy/Marine fighter pilot and after deciding he did not want to be an engineer he went with Pan American World Airways and Delta. All international flying. We have traveled pretty much the world, but I love my camping.
Does your husband have goggles and a silk scarf??Big smile That went through my mind.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:43pm
I am tickled that one of the things worked and I would not have thought of it. So a big thank you. I went out to my Pod today and used just one 1x4x6 board and it worked also, it would work on the 177
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:51pm

This is hilarious!  My husband said to tell you had had goggles, a silk scarf, AND a headset! 

Let me tell you about my first flight in the Tiger Moth.  (I am terrifed of heights -- of falling really, not of heights themselves, so imagine the open cockpit.)  All I am going to say about it is when I got out of the plane, I sat down on the tarmac and cried - cried in relief to be back on the ground.  My husband thought it was funny! Ouch
2011 Mercedes ML350

Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:18pm
Miz Mist, I went and used the 1x4 idea myself today - so now Free Spirit has it's own piece hiding under the mattress. The next mod will be to add hinges to the large piece of plywood under there to make it easier to get the piece back in position. That will wait til the mattress comes out to be aired, though.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 10:52pm

Any chance of pics of the 1 x 4 contraption in action?  I know it works like a lever, I just want to see it is all.

2011 Mercedes ML350

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 7:22am
Pictures will come when I am taught how to post pictures on this site!Big smile
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>