Topic ClosedCamping with vehicle attached

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rshapiro126 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camping with vehicle attached
    Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 5:08pm
Thanks.  Those are great suggestionsSmile.

Bob
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 4:57pm
I have camped with our R-Pod attached to the tow vehicle.  One of the first things you want to make sure is to detach the cable from the car to trailer.  Trust me you do not want to drain the battery down where the car will not start the next day.  I also drop the tongue jack down if I can to help take the weight off the car.  But have ran everything in the camper.

Sounds like a neat trip biking from spot to spot. A few years back I had wanted to bike the Canal  from Cumberland Maryland down to Washington DC with my kids but that never happened.  Now the kids are older and want nothing to do with that.
rshapiro126 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 4:46pm
A group of us are planning a cross country bike tour & my wife will be driving the R-Pod attached minivan as a sag wagon.  Since the bikers will be leaving the campsite before my wife (she likes to sleep in), this means that we would need to reattach the minivan to the trailer before she's awake.  A friend who has lots of RV'ing experience suggested that I keep the minivan attached to the trailer at the campsite.  I was under the impression that this was in some way dangerous due to the proximity of the propane tank to the car.  What do you think about this idea?  Would it be safe if I make sure that the car isn't running while the propane tank is open?  Thanks for your help.
Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12