Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Events and Campouts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKansas City-Labor Day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kansas City-Labor Day
    Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:22pm
Labor Day of 2011?  Is this trip still in the works?  Straight North from my location in Texas.  Just a few miles.

Why don't I make this trip the first R-Pod get together.?  I'm just a newbie.  Then I would be a twobie, right?

Can someone tell me what: Enable BBcodes to format post? Are you shooting bb's at some post that is moving?

sorry for these questionable questions....I am what I am.
Hawkeyes View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 12:29pm

We still have reservations!  Please come!

Hawkpod
2013 Surveyor Sport 189
2017 Chevy Silverado
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 12:47pm
im thinking maybe on this one...let me run it by wifey.
172T
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 12:48pm
also thinking about heading up to long branch tomorrow over near macon.  depends if it stays above the rain.
172T
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by SweetPeaPod

Can someone tell me what: Enable BBcodes to format post? Are you shooting bb's at some post that is moving?

sorry for these questionable questions....I am what I am.

If you click on the blue font for "Enable BBcodes . . . ", what pops up in the left hand column will show you what code you have to type in for the font, or the image, or the special text (such as bold or italics) that you want to show up in your post.  For instance, take a look at the first code in the left hand column if you want to use bold type.  For the letters you want to be bold, first type in the code that is within the brackets - be sure to include the brackets, too.  Then type what you want to say in bold and end it with the final code that is in brackets - again, be sure to include the brackets.  In other words the changed font or text will be what you typed between the two bracketed codes.

Is this about as clear as mud? Ermm  (And a little ridiculous since you can just click on the capital B for bold above the message box you are typing in! -- but it is useful for OTHER codes.)

You just have to play around with it.  I've screwed it up a couple of times and had to delete or edit my posts, but eventually I got it right.   Mainly, I was trying to make my SIGNATURE look different from the rest of my post.  But it is fun to put different color fonts in your post, or whatever.

2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 7:09pm
I am still planning on being there and have reservations at the State Park for Labor Day weekend also. Weston is a pretty neat little town. We are going up there tomorrow (not camping) for the First Annual Weston Bluegrass Festival http://www.westonbluegrass.com/ in town, and again in a few weeks for the Audubon Society's "Wings Over Weston" at the state park. We are going to camp for that one. I am anticipating a good time!

We got out last weekend to Smithville Lake, Crow's Creek Campground (county park) just north of Kansas City. Quiet weekend, rain was predicted, but sunshine is what happened. Only 20 or so trailers/rv's/tents in a camprgound with over 400 sites. Beautiful and quiet. The only thing I forgot was my camera! It was also the first time I tried to use the hot water heater . . . worked just fine, but the hot came out of the cold faucet. Minor glitch that I will fix next time I have it out of storage, or not, now that I know which one to turn on!
Brush and Floss, It is the Secret of Life!
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 1:29pm
those of u around here.  long branch state park was very awesome.  could not find a single "bad"  campsite in the park.  i recommend it.
172T
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:23am
Thanks for the tip, Long Branch State Parks looks quite nice, with some long hiking trails. I'll put it on my list to check out. MO has some nice state parks, located all throughout the state. The ones north don't have the dramatic scenery as those in the Ozarks and Bootheel areas, but, again, are very nice.
drdrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:44am
agreed tom.  i spend much of my time in the southern ozarks, i absolutely love it.  unfortunately camps were flooded all the way up to the I44 state parks this weekend (meramec, bennett) so i had to go north to be somewhere dry.  i spent the weekend before in eminence photographing the extraordinary high water.
172T
DocTom View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 12:43pm
I had friends that were supposed to spend 2 weeks at Bennett starting last weekend, I haven't heard what they did instead. They are one of those lucky couples whose address is their trailer. They follow springtime around the country. Tough life! Love to see your photographs, do you use webshots, or some other online sharing site? Eminence is a beautiful area, driven through, but never stopped more than a brief while. Sad about the dike destruction along the Mississippi last night, but I understand the need.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>