R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Balancing Trailer Tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Balancing Trailer Tires
    Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 8:38am
    We are getting new tires for our camper and have never had trailer tires balanced in the past so I thought should I have them balanced. We are getting a new set of Goodyear Endurance same as what we had they are nearly seven years old by the date code. The tread by what I see is even around the tires and haven't been balanced. So I thought I would ask for a opinion is there a need to have them balanced? Ordered them from amazon.com and will have them mounted at a Walmart. I took the time to search on the r-pod website and my questioned was answered in previous posts it's best to balance the tires.   Thank you
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 12:03pm
We had ours balanced, and I can not think of a good reason not to. There is no way to predict how in or out of balance they are, and the vibrations caused by out of balance tires will not be good. You can pretty much guarantee they will be out of balance, you just don't know how much.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 1:56pm
GG +1 and I defiantly feel you should have your trailer tires balanced.  Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
marwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 9:05pm
We bought our pod in sept 2010, the first thing I did have the wheels balanced, even tho they sad they never balance trailer tires. A few years ago somebody posted that one of trailer tires was out by 6 ounces. Just think if one of your car wheels would be out by this amount what the ride would be like. 
If you want something done right, do it yourself.
2011 RP172, 2016 Tundra 5.7 Litre, Ltd.

Post Reply Post Reply