R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

5 amp/day elec drain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 amp/day elec drain
    Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 12:44pm
Ah yes... that was a suspect.   How do I turn it off?
Marv

2019 RP178 Highly Modified
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness Turbo Charger
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:26pm
If yours is like mine, there is a little button on the wall plate where the coax connects. If there is a light showing, then it is turned on. Push the button and it should turn off.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Marvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:34pm
Thank you.  Its was off.   
Back to the drawing Board.
Marv

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 1:54pm
I would check that anyway. You can take the plate off and check the wires behind it to see if perhaps there is something going on there. It is better than to start cutting holes in the walls.

StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Marvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 2:46pm
Nope... to many cables going to it.

I also just discovered... the Bath fan is NOT on that circuit (the light is).. so the factory label is incorrect.  So I need to trace those wires.  Unless someone has a better idea.   I have figured out a way to cut that panel out and the one above it and make it a door I can remove with 4 screws for each panel.   
I've had the RV power supply out... so I know the wiring in there... and need to start there again and see where # 4 goes.

Any more ideas?

One of these days I hope to post photos of all the Mods.
Marv

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 4:01pm
Well, it is beyond my ability to do more than offer encouragement. It will be interesting to find out what the source of the drain is when you find it.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Marvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2024 at 5:43pm
Thanks for trying to help.
Yes, it will be interesting when I find it.
Marv

GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 10:07am
There are a limited number of things that can be causing a drain like that. I would go to each device and disconnect them one at a time. If you have a clamp-on DC ammeter it would make isolating it a lot easier.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Marvin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 10:42am
Glue, great idea if I could get one in those tight impassable areas, and be able to see and read it.  I have checked everything Known to be on that circuit but obviously there are some unknowns. There can't be that much on that Circuit which is why I'm considering making that panel a door so I can get access in there and solve a few mysteries and make a better command panel at the same time.   

I've ordered a Endoscope Inspection Camera with Articulation Head coming to look inside there and try and see where that wire goes or branches off to.   I may never know, but if I pull the panel then I can cut the wire at branches and see what happens... then I can always add a switch to control it in the future.

It least that's my current  thinking.
I'm also beginning to think the previous owner may have had this drain problem and unloaded it to the next owner... me.  :-) Thumbs Up

Marv

James07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote James07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 11:34am
I get a slight spark on the house 110v outlet whenever I plug extension cord into the 178.  So, is that the 3.5 amp draw that is doing that ??  I've tried switching off the converter circuit, thinking that was cause, but no luck. My batteries don't last long either when boon-docking.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>