R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Torsion Bar Axle Sag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Chill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Torsion Bar Axle Sag
    Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 9:26am
Cry  Hello all you R Poders,
The torsion bars on the Lippert axle supporting my 2016 171 Hood River Edition seem to be sagging.  This is resulting in the tires coming very close to fenders.  The right side has sagged more, and trailer has a slight lean to the right, kind of a stbd list for you nautical types. I have looked at photos of other R Pods and I see a wide range of fender to tire clearances, so it is unclear what the clearance is supposed to be. With the trailer unloaded and the tanks empty an inch of clearance is definitely not enough.  I have looked at the axel recalls and notices, but I do not see this exact issue addressed.  Does anyone have any knowledge or previous experience with these torsion bar axel problems? What is the correct clearance between the tire and fender?  Thank you in advance for any information.          
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 1:51pm
There is a significant difference between Hood River editions and not.  The trailers produced in Indiana do not have the axle lifts installed and the tires are closer to the finders,very close.  If you can find the new 171 Hood River Addition and check the torsion arm angle on the axle and compare it to your 171. The rubber bushings in the axle might be worn.
Chill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Chill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 6:53pm
Thank you for the information.   I will take a look around and see what I can find to compare my trailer with.  The fact that it has a lean to the right and that tire is closer to the fender supports the worn bushing idea.   
 Post Reply Post Reply