R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forest river review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest river review
    Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 10:54am
Well, as you may or may not know, I sold my 195 and bought a 2023 surveyor 19rble. I used it one season so far. I put it in for some work end of November. I asked for a new bedroom window, mine was cloudy, like when a double pane window loses it's seal. I also had a leaky slide room. I am beginning to think it's a common problem as I hear more complaints. And lastly the camper was leaning maybe 1 or 2 inches to the left. I asked them to check the leaf springs, or axle. I am so happy to say that forest river has agreed to cover all the repairs. Honestly, I wrote them, they said bring it in to get checked, and then authorized repair. I am still awaiting the repair, as the dealer says the parts are due within a week or so, but I did want to let people know that forest river was very good about this. With all the bad stories, I wanted to share this. 
2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2023 at 12:06pm
That is great to hear!  I had similar experience back in September 2020 when my Dometic RM 8501 fridge died (it was 10 years old) on my 2011 177.  It did take 10 weeks to arrive, total cost was $ 1150 which included shipping.  When it arrived via common carrier the box had damage to it.  When I opened it the eyebrow (top piece) was broken and a couple of the lights didn't work on the panel, the one showing when propane was on and also one of the lights to show how cold you wanted it to go.  FR said they would take care of it.  About 1 month later a 2nd fridge was delivered and everything was in pristine condition and in working order.  I called FR back and asked them about returning the first one sent, they told me they would get back in a few days.  After waiting a week I called back and was told to keep the first one, they didn't want it back!  So, after waiting a few weeks to make sure the credit card wasn't double charged I put the 1st one up for sale locally for $ 400.  It sold in an instant so the new fridge only ended up costing $ 750 and some effort on my part to install the new one.  No complaints here!!!  Also the representatives I spoke with were very friendly and helpful.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply