R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: 179 Weight distribution / tounge weight/ sway issu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

179 Weight distribution / tounge weight/ sway issu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 Weight distribution / tounge weight/ sway issu
    Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 10:17am
I agree that trailer tires are incredibly important to avoiding sway.
When we changed to Goodyear Endurance, it was amazing how much stiffer the sidewalls were than the Maxxiis that we had previously. Stiffer sidewalls make a huge difference in the towing .
Travel often and safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Fireguyinfla View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fireguyinfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 3:29pm
Update... got a sherline scale. The tounge weight (TW) with a full LP tank and cargo box hooked the the rear was 300lbs. I thought it would be less than that. Dry weight of my 179 is right at 3000lbs. Cargo box and camper contents has to put it between 3500 and 3800. TW needs to be about 370 lbs. to give me 10%. Added 50 lbs of weight to the battery tray. Only gave me 22 lbs of TW. Removed the weight and filled my fresh water tank. My TW went from 300 lbs to about 425 lbs. Which is about 10% of my total weight considering I just added 300lbs. of water. I'll never tow without at least a half tank of water. Hope this helps someone. Very nice job on the spare tire mount 👏. I may have to revisit that project. Thanks to everyone for the input.
Jeffrey Harbuck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12