Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAbout to become a new owner 182G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: About to become a new owner 182G
    Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 3:57pm
This is our first post on this board. My wife and I have closed our deal on a new 182G. We are thrilled to be moving up out of our pop-up. When we first started looking we were thinking about one of the T models, and thought that the garage was not something we would be interested in. But we love the floorplan on the 182G and it fits our needs the best.

It will be mostly my wife and I and our trusty Boston Terrier Jake sharing time in the rpod. We love the frog graphic, and we have decided to call it "El coqui" for the chirping frogs in Puerto Rico.

We will probably have numerous questions down the road I'm sure. We will be pulling El coqui with a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with 6 speed manual transmission. We are getting a Blue Ox weight distributing hitch, and I still have to install a Tekonsha Primus IQ brake controller. I have to first get the 7 way wiring harness from Jeep and get them installed before we go down next Saturday. Looks like I have my work cut out. Don't know if anyone has a similar setup, but I'd love to hear what other Wrangler Unlimited owners experiences have been.

Bob, Carol and Jake

harleyguy1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:06pm
Congrats on your new purchase and hope U enjoy, I'm also a new owner.  Any questions U have will be answered by members on here that are very knowledegable, and all are very nice and accomodating folks!!!  Enjoy!
Marshal
2011 R-177
Longview, Tx

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:08pm
P.S. And I love Bostons also, but I do have Pugs, LOL!!!!!
Marshal
2011 R-177
Longview, Tx
Tortuga2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:13pm
This is our first Boston. We've had a boxer mix and a boxer too. Jake thinks he is a much bigger dog, but is just great with people and our grandkids. He has been camping in our pop-up and we couldn't ask for a better companion.

This forum has been a great help. We have done significant amount of research on here to determine what we should do. I think we are going to love this little trailer. I know I won't miss setting up the pop-up in the dark any more!

Bob

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:28pm
Yes, Bostons are great pets, smart, faithful and a great companion.  Know what you mean about the pop up, they are alot of fun and do a great job. But they can be a hassle to put up and take down, especially in the rain.  Then when U get home U have to put them up to dry when the rain quits! I still have my Jayco ST 12, great condition, going to put it for sale next month when the weather is a little better.
Marshal
2011 R-177
Longview, Tx
Tortuga2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:34pm
The kids want ours, so I will go through it after we get the rpod and make sure it is all in working order. Nothing wrong with them, ours has done the job for us, but storage and set up and take down gets to a hassle sometimes.Time to move up. Before the pop-up I had a slide in pickup truck camper and it was nice to just pull in and you were there.

We like to run around the southeast and hit up the music festivals, go to the beach, kayak, ride bikes and see the country. This setup should be great for us.

Bob
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 4:47pm
Welcome to the group Tortuga2!  I'm sure you'll be very happy with your new Pod.  Admit it, however,
you really bought it for the comfort of the K-9!  LOL

Campers + dog lovers = good people
Tortuga2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 5:08pm
I won't deny who rules the roost! Jake makes a good conversation starter too. We love him! Didn't realize just how much character such a little guy could have.

Bob
psaman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 5:38pm
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!
2011 R-177 "Sponge-Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
Tortuga2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 5:41pm
Thanks! podders seem to be a very friendly bunch.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>