R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Interior trim coming off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote winkeye67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior trim coming off
    Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 8:19am
How can I repair this and possibly prevent it from happening again?  It’s difficult to glue it as it is hard to get enough glue on the back of the trim.  I’ve thought about either removing the entire trim pieces, cleaning them, then glueing them back, or using tiny nails to fasten them, but don’t believe that is a good idea.

lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 10:13am
I had some trim separate around the entry door.  I glued it back on with a construction adhesive and it seems to be holding just fine.  The brand I used was Liquid Nails Small Project Adhesive.  Probably any general construction adhesive would work ok.  I used a putty knife to squish it under the trim so I didn't have to take the whole piece off, but if you bought a tube for a caulking gun, you could squirt it underneath as well.  I held the trim tight agains the wall for a few minutes and the glue set up quickly.  The glue cleans up with water, so you can wipe off and clean up the excess with a damp paper towel.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 10:43am
Every RV owner should have a brad nailer. I have a basic Porter Cable cordless nailer that can take various lengths of nails. It proved to be invaluable in keeping the Rpod interior looking tip top. Haven't had to use it on the Escape yet.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2023 at 12:31pm
I also have an 18 gauge PorterCable brad nailer and use it regularly to install window casings and baseboard.  A great nailer.  I used it to nail on the door trim in our Sonoma on the opposite side that I glued recently, but the aluminum frame around the door was a bit much for the nailer.  I ended up gluing it and putting seam tape over the failed nail holes to hide them.  Another useful tool for trim inside the trailer is a pin nailer that shoots 23 gauge pins as short as about a 1/2" and up to 2".  I use it some times in lieu of a clamp for gluing when it's impractical to apply a clamp.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply