R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R202 Slide out bound up....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote timirey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R202 Slide out bound up....
    Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 9:52pm
Had a great trip to Washington Beach this past weekend.  Spectacular weather with friends for three nights.  When we arrived the slide out didn't track properly going out to set up the dinette.  The front side tracked more quickly than the rear slide.  Putting the slide in required someone outside pushing it to help it get in or we never would have been able to get home.  Now home and it won't move in or out. I have done a bunch of research on youtube and it sounds like the fault switch likely has shut down the motor. The motor itself may have come loose with a failed set screw or it needs lube (which I had no idea but should have known). Only have used the trailer maybe a dozen times since we bought it new... I watched a repair video online and it looks like it might be more than what I want to tackle. Any thoughts, comments or advise is welcome! -Tim
'19 Dodge Ram Laramie
'22 RP202
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 10:17pm
Sometimes you need to just go ahead and take it to a repair shop. This sounds to me like one of those times. I am guessing that it is a Schwintek. If so, this may help:

StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 8:45pm
Not sure this may help: Schwintek In-Wall Slideout - R-pod Owners Forum (rpod-owners.com)
I had a similar problem on my r189.....there is a control unit that is at the back of the slide and the manuals show how to troubleshoot.  It does not take much resistance for it to get out of synch.
 Post Reply Post Reply