R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Replacing 2019 RP190 Kitchen Sink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote LongRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacing 2019 RP190 Kitchen Sink
    Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 8:13pm
I'd like to replace my kitchen sink. It's the fun undermount sink that falls. I'd like to replace it with a top mount sink, but am having trouble finding one that fits the dimensions. The inside dimensions are ok, but the outside (with rim) are too long and it looks like the only way ahead might be if I relocate the faucet a few inches 'north'.

I'm curious what your experiences may have been if you encountered this with a top mount sink.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2023 at 9:28pm
I replaced the plastic sink (top mount) that came with the 2016 RP179 with a larger bar type sink. I did have to enlarge the opening carefully. Since it had a large rim with holes for the faucet, that is where it went. Just remember that if you do go to a top-mount sink and have to enlarge the opening to measure two or three times before cutting. Making a template that fits the sink and then using that to mark the opening helps also. And, it is better to cut tight and then have to cut a bit more than to cut the opening too large. It is much easier to enlarge an opening than to shrink one. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
LongRanger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LongRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 9:23am
Thanks. Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to plan on enlarging the opening about an inch or so on the long side. The template is a great idea, I'll do that.
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2023 at 6:00pm
Many sinks come with a paper template for cutting the hole in the counter top.  Surface mount sinks often come with a u-shaped bracket spot welded to the underside of the surface mounting flange that has to be accounted for since it has to be just inside the hole around the edges for the screws and mounting clips to fit.  If the sink you're mounting has the mounting u bracket and there is no template, then you can measure from the outside edge of the sink to the bracket to mark the edges of the hole.  I agree with StephenH, that its best to err on the side of being conservative in cutting, since you can always make it bigger, but can't make it smaller.  Good luck!
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply