R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump
    Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 3:48pm
During my slide out maintenance and adjustments I discovered the water pump is just sitting under the sink area. I would think it's supposed to be mounted somewhere. It was sitting in top of a bundle of wiring. I'm assuming it's been replaced and they just sat it there. Where is it supposed to be mounted? Screwed to the floor?
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 7:26pm
Correct.  I tried to quiet ours down some by mounting it on 1" styrofoam but it made no difference.  Still playing with trying the right foundation for the pump so that it isn't so noisy (as the hoses vibrate) when it runs.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2023 at 8:57pm
The pump in our 192 was noise also.  I lagged the pipping with some of the black pipe insulating material from home depot and significantly reduced the noise.  Might have to wrap some black tape to hold it in place but worked great.

JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 7:52am
It will sure depend on how much slack you have in the water hoses (feed and discharge).  If you have enough slack the pump (I feel) should be mounted on the floor and get it away from the wiring if possible.  The 2 RVs that I have had the water pumps have been mounted on the floor under the bed. Hope this helps.
Jay

179/2019
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 10:12am
I mounted our pump on a 2" slab of dense foam and screwing it to the floor. I also put pipe insulation on all of the piping under the bed of our 179.  It helped a lot to make the pump quieter.
travel often and safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Geezerbill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Geezerbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 3:16pm
How far did you go with the insulation? I also have a 192 and the piping clutter is horrible. I can just barely turn the water valve handles to winterize the hot water tank for isolation. Handles are jammed right up against it. And near the water pump same thing. Sure would like to replumb it but that’s out of the question. Thanks for your response and the idea about pipe insulation. 
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2023 at 8:17pm
Thank you all for the replies. It's a cobbled mess under there. I haven't run the pump yet, so I'm curious how loud it's going to be with all of you saying how loud yours are. I'll get to that part. But for now I'll see how I can get it mounted securely to the floor.
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 10:01am
to answer GeezerBill,
We have a 179 and the pump is located under the bed platform. There is a fairly large area about 2'x5' that has the pump , water heater and main cabin heater. I left the water heater and main cabin heater alone,but relocated the water pump and added a divider wall in order to make the front storage space larger.
I disconnected the water pump and all of the piping. I relocated the water pump to a better place and position and then reinstalled all of the piping and cut them off as short as possible. I used the pipe insulation on every pipe as far as I could access them. I taped the insulation every 6" or so to keep it tight to the pipes. while I was doing all of this, I also added some foam insulation to the inside of the platform walls and underside of the bed.  the pump operation is MUCH quieter between the foam mount for the pump, insulating the cavity  and the pipe insulation.
Travel often and safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179

Post Options Post Options   Quote Geezerbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 11:12am
Vann, great information, thank you.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Geezerbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 11:15am
Thanks again, going to have to do this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>