This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2016 Rpod 179 - Event Date: 30 Aug 2023

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Papadoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2016 Rpod 179
    Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 3:55pm
Hello. I bought a used Rpod 179, 2016 model and am adding solar panels for off grid camping. 2 questions.
1. Do I have to have a charge protector if plugging the solar output directly into the solar outlet on the Rpod? I know I would need one if connecting directly to the battery.
2.if the battery is fully charged and and the trailer is still connected with a 7-point plug to the truck is it safe to use battery power to open and close the slide out? The manual advises against it and I don’t have a manual crank.
Thank you in advance for your help. I consider myself to be somewhat of an electrical idiot.

Papadoc
poohbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote poohbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:22pm
We plug an 80W Zamp into the Zamp solar connector on our '16. It has all the circuitry needed to plug and play.

I have no idea why it would not be advised to pull in the slide out when connected to the truck - we do it all the time, as the last thing before departure. Sliding it out is the first thing we do after backing into a new spot so we can get a good reading on lateral level and decide whether to raise one or the other wheel. Sliding it out shifts the balance about half a bubble, so if a ramp is needed under one wheel, we keep the truck running and connected for the back and forth.
2016 179 Gastropod
2017 Ridgeline
Papadoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Papadoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 8:55pm
Thank you very much. I was hoping to hear that.
 Post Reply Post Reply