R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weight difference RP 180 production years

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HuskyDome-ain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HuskyDome-ain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weight difference RP 180 production years
    Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 10:04pm
My 2017 RP171 UVW is tagged as 2518, with a maximum payload of 690 lbs. 30 gallons water (249 lbs) and payload of 319 lbs is 668 lbs plus 2518=3086 lbs.

My FurPod has AC, Microwave/Convection oven, 6 gallon water heater, TV, Single door fridg/freezer, RDome and stereo amp/receiver.

I think 3400 lbs would be the limit of my pull capability, even though my Jeep manual says my tow package can handle 6200 lbs (I doubt that!)

Colt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 9:16pm
My 2016 actually weight 3122 pounds with water heater full, dishes, pots, pans, towels, sheets, cleaning supplies, a few cans and snacks, R-dome, LP full, various cords, hoses and drains, all ready to go to a disaster, but without water.  Extra weight options are power jack, micro, TV and A/C.  That makes the dry weight of 2992 lbs I remember sound believable.

One difference I see is the new outdoor kitchen.  The TV is larger.  The wheels are larger.  An awning weighs more then an R-dome.  Not sure about 800 lbs, though; maybe the frame is heavier. 
John
'16 R-Pod 180
Austintaco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austintaco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 8:27pm
I’ll try and help. You are probably doing what I was doing a few weeks ago and looking at the weights of the model you like and how it went up through the years. I found this site helpful: https://www.forestriverrvsource.com/specifications-forest-river-r-pod-specs-by-model-m1641

However, the weights given will be for a basic model. Your actual dry weight, will add for items like microwaves, AC, electric jacks, so plan accordingly. Hope this helps!
2003 Toyota Tacoma
1984 Toyota 4runner
2016 Rpod HRE 179
HuskyDome-ain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HuskyDome-ain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 8:22pm
I wanted to know why the 2019 RP180 UVW is 2662 lbs, and the 2023 RP180  UVW is 3447 lbs. That's almost 800 pounds difference! I would love to have an RP180 but that weight is pushing the limits of my pull vehicle Shocked

Anyone have ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply