R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

slide out question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slide out question
    Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 7:20am
I am new to r pods and having a slide. I notice when I bring the slide in or out it tips slightly, then straightens itself up when it lands all the way in or out. is this normal? or is there something that has worn that I should repair before it gets worse?  thank you. 
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 8:27am
What system is your slide-out using? If it is the Schwintek, it will have tracks on the sides at the top and bottom of the slide-out box. Those should keep the slide-out moving pretty much evenly. If it is the one that is underneath, I don't know as I do not have experience with that system. I think as long as it isn't binding, but moving smoothly, the little bit of tilt should not be an issue as long as when it lands in or out it is straight.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2023 at 1:56pm
i didn't even know there were different types of slides. lol. I'll have to look at it. my trailer is a 2015 176T model. it functions fine, i do believe. I just don't have any experience with them at all. this is my 4th camper, but first slide, so i'm a bit nervous, or cautious. 
         Thank you. 

hank*pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote hank*pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:12am
I'm almost certain that a 2015 R-Pod would have a Schwintek slide. Does it have the aluminum strips at the top and bottom of the slide ends (that the gears on the drive motors engage with)? That's a Schwintek slide as StephenH indicates.
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 11:35am
i will look tonight. i've been so busy i haven't even got to clean or tinker around to much with it. thank you for the info. 
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 2:36pm
Mine was doing that and it because of a restriction behind the kitchen cabinets.  If there is anything restricting it will slow down one side.....I would look behind the pull out as it is going in.
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2023 at 10:01am
its a track on the bottom of the slide, there are no gears or tracks on the side of the slide out. 
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2023 at 5:22pm
I do not know the manufacture of the unit you have but it is the same as what I have on a 2011 177.  Mine does not act as how you describe yours however check the following:  look carefully at the under side of your slide and note if it is all in pristine (shiny black) condition or does it appear as though something is skidding, causing a worn pattern on the black surface.  If so, get a can of penetrant and spray the 3 roller ends (they are about 2-2.5" long) located just inside the camper wall, get underneath the slide and carefully pull the rubber gasket down and you will see them (using a flashlight will make the job easier). After spraying all 3 rollers move your slide in and out a couple times and see if this doesn't correct your issue.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 9:29am
This weekend i'm hoping to get a good look at it. i haven't gotten to do anything with it yet. its killing me just seeing it sit there, lol. 
zzimmer3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote zzimmer3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 7:53pm
So I took a quick look at the underside of the slide. One side is black and shiny, the other side is actually cut into the wood some. It's beyond just lubing up. It's not gashed really bad, but does not look good. I'd like to get a better look soon. As soon as I climbed inside work called so I had to abandon the investigation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>