This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

It's Been a Long Goodbye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's Been a Long Goodbye
    Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 5:18pm
It's been quite a while since I posted - you old timers may remember me.

Well, after 10 years of great fun ( and some frustrations ) with our 178, we are moving on.

Last fall, at the Hershey Show, we found ourselves going back several times to the NuCamp display. I am more than intimately familiar with the RPod construction and the NuCamp Tab 400 just blew me away. We had been looking at an Oliver Elite, but it was just a little out of our budget and a bit bigger than we really wanted.

In the meantime I ordered and took delivery of a 2023 F150 Powerboost w/7.2 kW inverter/generator. Amazing machine!

Soooooo, a few weeks ago we got another email from NuCamp about a "Summer Deal". Well, we fell for it and now own a brand new Tab 400 Boondock and a 2014 R-Pod 178 in excellent condition. Driveway ain't big enough!

So I have had my 178 listed for about three weeks in RVTrader and various Facebook Marketplaces and have only gotten a handful of nibbles. I have to say, I'm just a little surprised. I guess the used market is not as strong as it was or what I thought it was. I am really proud of the condition and customizations of my 178, but if no one sees it, I guess it just doesn't matter!

So you guys have any suggestions on how to attract buyers? Especially buyers that might appreciate a gem in an otherwise field of clunkers?

Thanks all! This group helped me plenty through the years and I hope I was able to give back!!

My listing:

Thanks again!

fred

2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 5:51pm
Congrats on the new rig, Fred. Just like you, we upgraded in January. Picked up a new '22 F150 3.5 Ecoboost and '23 Escape 5.0. It took a solid two months to sell our pristine, 2016/17 179 but the right buyer eventually came along. So I guess patience is the key.

Best of luck to you and be safe out there.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
fwunder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fwunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 6:53pm
Thanks! And congrats to you too. I guess I need to be patient.

Safe travels.

Fred
2014 RPod 178 => MyMods and Buying Habits
2008 4Runner Limited 4.0-liter V6
Yes, those are wild ponies dining on grass while dumping tanks!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2023 at 10:23pm
Congratulations Fred. It must be upgrade time because we upgraded (more like a lateral move) to a Cherokee Grey Wolf 24JS. I have been working on modifications to fix the things that Forest River did not include or built badly. Along with it, we got a 2018 F-150 Crew Cab XLT. Anyway, I hope you stick around. There isn't a Cherokee forum that is the equivalent of the RPod Owner's Forum. I don't like going on Facebook, so I decided here was a good place to be.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 5:53am
+1 on congratulations on your new trailer and F-150.  We did the same thing a bit over 3 years ago and have been happy with the choices we made.  The Tab 400 looks like a very nice trailer and is perfectly sized for the smaller north eastern campgrounds.  I think we'll all be curious to know your impression of the trailer and its build quality, so please share your experiences with us.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
 Post Reply Post Reply