R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

air conditioner drain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: air conditioner drain
    Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 7:48pm
My 2020 171 has stopped draining down the back of my camper? Does anyone have a picture of where the drains are on the unit itself? Or what I have to take apart to get it cleaned out? Thx
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tars Tarkas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2023 at 9:23pm
For a faster answer, try redLOL

Seriously, there probably aren't a lot of people who think to take pictures of their air conditioner drains, so have some patience.

Also, air conditioners don't always drain, I don't think.  If the humidity is low enough, so little condensation may be created that it evaporates right away.  And if condensation is being created quickly enough, it's got to go somewhere.  Are you thinking it's pooling under the cover?  I doubt there's a reservoir under there big enough to hold much if it has a clogged drain.

Take the cover off, if you want to.  Take a pic and post it if you find something interesting.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
JoeSaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2023 at 4:20pm
I was hoping someone may have had the problem and did a little tutorial about it😊 I assume there are little drain holes somewhere that just let it drain out on the roof and may be plugged. I’ll just have to pop the cover and see.  Thx
 Post Reply Post Reply