R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WFCO converter /lithium issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DgoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WFCO converter /lithium issue
    Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 12:01pm
new ,Dec '22, RPod 190 Hood River.  Had the dealer put in 2 self heated Renogy lithium batteries.
The auto detect converter DOES NOT charge as lithium.  they say discharge and then charge again and a blue light will show it is charging as lithium.  did not . dealer pulled it and sent back to WFCO for a firmware update, it worked correctly for a month, now reverted to lead acid charging.
Anyone else have this issue.
Seems very irresponsible for WFCO and Forest River to be sending out units that don;t do what they should.

Go more, get out there
Old Man Running View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Old Man Running Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 8:13pm
Dave, I also installed a Lithium ion battery and also had to change out the inverter panel to one which was compatible with the Lith battery.  I used the WFCO 8735 model.  The change out was really very simple, disconnect all power, including any batteries, remove old unit and change out the circuit breaker inputs, one at a time.  This unit will work for either lead-acid or the lith battery, just make the proper setting.  Good  Luck

DgoDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DgoDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2023 at 3:33pm
it is a WF-8735PB.
Go more, get out there
tronback-192 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tronback-192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2023 at 3:43pm
Review the tech tips Tuesday (YouTube) from Todd by the NRVTA.  On one episode Todd had the tech explain how the auto detect works and  how the voltage at the battery can be less than optimum based on length of run and wire size.  He did discuss firmware upgrades.  FR used 8 gauge to feed the battery so I suspect it is undersized resulting in voltage drop at the battery  The tech also said call WF directly and they will work to troubleshoot.
Roy and Laura
 Post Reply Post Reply