R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Knife holder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knife holder
    Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:01am
In our RPod 179, we had enough kitchen counter space to use a standard knife block held to the wall with adhesive strips. However, in the new Grey Wolf, we do not have that convenient place for the block. I would like to know what others use in the models with limited space. Has anyone used a magnetic knife holder? If so, how well does it work to hold the knives while traveling? Do they stay in place or does the bouncing knock them off the magnetic holder?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 9:59am
We had considered a mag knife holder but didn't want them flying around when traveling because we like really sharp knives. Instead we opted to use sheathes for our knives and keep them in a drawer.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 10:07am
That was another option I was considering. The Grey Wolf has deep drawers. I need to design some stacking dividers for them. Then I will have the room to hold them as well as other kitchen utensils.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Ben Herman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ben Herman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 11:35am
We use a magnetic one and it works great, never had a knife fall off. The magnet is extra-strong! Here's the one we use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SPKRMG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 11:48am
I found some modular drawer organizer parts on Thingiverse. I'm printing some pieces to test. It will be a while before I print enough of the various parts to assemble.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply