Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tragedy has struck

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tragedy has struck
    Posted: 06 May 2023 at 3:27pm
I went out to dewinterize the camper this morning (brand new 2023, never camped a day in it) and after putting some water in the FWT, I went in to begin introducing water into the lines. I turned on the water pump, and went to the sink. The flow was terrible, so I removed the aerator to find it filled with crap. I cleaned it out and thought, hmmm, why is the pump still running. After I got the water running, I thought, let me go look at the pump. As I looked into the pass thru where the pump is, to my horror water was running everywhere, and filling my pass thru. I couldn't believe it. Upon furter investigation I found the h/w tank was filled. So the camper that was delivered to me last November, was NOT winterized. It had a nice sticker on the door saying " this vehicle has been winterized" and being november, winter time, when it was delivered, I never gave it a second thought. I have lots of damage. The water heater, pump, outside water sprayer, shwer, and some water is coming from underneath that I don't know from where. Do you guys think I stand a chance of getting the dealer to cover this? or will forest river, dometic help out? 

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12