R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod 180 outriggers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GlenHarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-Pod 180 outriggers
    Posted: 25 Apr 2023 at 12:11pm
Hi. I noticed that the floor under the slide has dropped about 1/4 of an inch. Contacted Forest River and they sent me 4 outriggers. I tried to follow John Marucci directions. The problem is that when I jacked the side wall up it would not move. I stopped jacking when the tire was off the ground. So at this point what is my next step? 
Thanks in advance.

Glen
Glen Harding
2020 Jeep JLU
R-Pod 180
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:16am
Hope that time will help. jack up the sidewall and leave it there for a day or two or three to see if it will deform back to something closer to "normal".
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
GlenHarding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlenHarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 10:20am
HI. Thanks for the idea. 
Glen Harding
2020 Jeep JLU
R-Pod 180
Vernsburns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vernsburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 6:46pm
Glen, I am having the same issue you described. I followed John M’s video and the Jack lifted the whole trailer. Seems like the floor is bent, not sagging. A quarter inch or more at the bump out. Can you post if you find a solution? I’m perplexed…

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlenHarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:04pm
Hi. Hopes this helps. I contacted Forest River and after about a week they replied.
They asked for several pictures, some measurements and other info. They emailed me back the same day to tell me that I needed a new axle and that my local dealer will fix the floor sag at the same time.

It seems that I have an over torsion axle. 

I contacted my dealer who is 180 miles away. The only one in my province. The dealer was aware of the problem but wanted to inspect before committing to the repair. 

Forest said that if the sag was less than an inch then a dealer can do the repair. Over an inch then the unit has to go to the factory. They were concerned that I installed out riggers. After they realized that they provided them, the concern vanished.

Forest also said that it would be no problem to wait till fall or winter to get the repair .

All in all I was very pleased at how Forest River handled this. 
Glen Harding
2020 Jeep JLU
R-Pod 180
Vernsburns View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vernsburns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:39pm
Thanks for the update! I will contact Forest River. We purchased our 179 used so I hope that isn’t an issue.
2016 179
2019 Chevy Colorado

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlenHarding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:40pm
Good luck. Let me know how things go?
Glen Harding
2020 Jeep JLU
R-Pod 180
 Post Reply Post Reply