R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Looking for new kitchen sink Faucet recommendation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for new kitchen sink Faucet recommendation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for new kitchen sink Faucet recommendation
    Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 8:40pm
I’m looking to upgrade the kitchen sink goose neck faucet in my 2022 190. Any good recommendations? Should I purchase RV specific or will one from HD work?

Thanks in advance. 
Nicholas Palumbo
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2023 at 10:24pm
Can you post a picture of the faucet? You could look for one at HD or Lowe's. If you go that route, you will need to adapt the standard kitchen faucet fittings to the fittings used in the RPod. It is not difficult. I did that with ours.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 8:43am
Sure, what’s the easiest way to upload a pic here?

As far as adapting the fittings, is there a kit or is that something you just pieced together?

Thank you
Nicholas Palumbo
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2023 at 2:35pm
It involves going to your local hardware store and picking up two double male brass adapters. One side fits the standard household 1/2" faucet fitting. The other fits the 3/4" connection used to connect the PEX tubing to your current faucet. Double-check the sizes though. Since both faucet connection and PEX fitting have gaskets, you don't even need to get those separately. I guess you could get plastic fittings if you can find them. I couldn't so I got the brass ones.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Jefferson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jefferson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 1:46pm
You probably already found a new faucet, but just in case I posted about installing a new Moen faucet I picked up at the hardware store - didn't need any additional hardware or adaptors to connect to the PEX fittings surprisingly. Pulled the sink out so I could see what I was doing though. Posted Topic: Replacing kitchen faucet
    Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 9:04pm
npalumbo89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote npalumbo89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 1:53pm
Actually haven’t purchased one yet. Would you mind sharing a link to what you went with?
Nicholas Palumbo
 Post Reply Post Reply