R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

We Boost Wi-Fi connect

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Skyward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Boost Wi-Fi connect
    Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 3:40pm
Has anyone used the outside cable TV connnectors to connect We Boost cables to boost Wi-Fi/internet ? It seems it would save having lots of cable running through the Rpod. 
Skyward
2014 179 R Pod
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
CAPTKIDD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote CAPTKIDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 3:50pm
I just use the hot spot on my t-mobile cell phone.
CAPTKIDD
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 8:30pm
+1 We could never get the Jensen TV in our Rpod to work right so on our new RV we didn't have a TV installed and just use a tablet and smartphone as a hotspot.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 5:51am
We also use a cell phone hotspot for internet and streaming connections for our laptops.  As long as there is a decent signal, it works well.  I took out the head banger television from ourPod and used it in the house for a while.  Now it's a paper weight that I don't know what to do with.  I thought about mounting it in our Sonoma, but the only viable location will result in another headbanger situation.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:26am
I honestly don't know why RV manufacturers still dink around with elaborate TV and audio systems. Probably to give the illusion of high-end features. The reality is the quality Bluetooth speakers and a good tablet will deliver plenty of entertainment at a better price and versatility than a built in system.

One thing I am interested in is Starlink. See a lot of those antennas at campsites these days.
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 8:32am
Our new Grey Wolf comes with the Lippert One Control system. Included is a prep for an external cellular antenna. Lippert sells (for a large price) a router that uses the external antenna for cellular and provides for WiFi inside. It is essentially the same router that I have, but under their name and requires an expensive subscription. I have a router already which is a cellular failover router that is using cellular as primary. I have the cellular SIM from Google Fi, so I already have a plan. I would like to purchase just the external antenna and possibly the two cables to connect the cellular side.

So far, I can't find the external antenna as a separate item. I hope I can as it will save me a  lot of money over the complete package from Lippert.

Edit:  I went to Lippert and got on a chat session. I have the antenna, the power cable for the router, and the SMA connectors to connect the router to the antenna on order. It was expensive, but not nearly as expensive as purchasing the package and then having to pay the subscription Lippert is asking for a data plan. The representative tried to say my router won't work. I mentioned that 4G is 4G, so as long as there is a connection to the antennas, the router I have will work.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply