R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement fenders - Event Date: 20 Feb 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ciberpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Replacement fenders
    Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:17pm
I had the unfortunate event of a tire blowing and ripping a fender off of the R-Pod (I know, I know...I learned my lesson).
Is there an RV "junkyard" that might have a replacement?  I have looked on-line extensively and can't find a replacement fender.
They are available from Forest River through a dealer, but it's expensive and this seems like it should be a readily available junkyard part. 
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Scott
Scott and Noreen
2017 R-Pod 190, 2011 Toyota Tundra
Pilgrims on the way to the Celestial City
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 1:41pm
Here's a possible source:  https://www.etrailer.com/question-632049.html
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2023 at 6:59pm
very similar to what Fred posted on e-trailer, this comes out of the 2021 RV Parts and Accessories Catalogue, page 909.  Round Galvanized Steel Fender, paintable 16 gauge for either 14 or 15 inch tires.  Item # 618-17900G.  Size is 9"W x 31.5"L x 13"H.  Price $ 45.39  There are also different 'flavor' fenders such as polyethylene and plastic for much less.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 5:27am
i put the black plastic ones on mine from etrailer; worked perfectly.  ill see if i can find on the site.  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 7:39am
https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=trailer+fenders

This page has lots of choices. The question is which is closest to the one FR used, the 14" to 15", the 13" or something else?

Also, I think I would lean toward purchasing the ones with the backing plates. Especially if you need to cover the holes from where the original ripped out.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ciberpine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ciberpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 10:48am
My thanks to each of you.  Looks like eTrailer.com has the best prices and selections.  I'll never understand searching on the Internet.  I actually looked at eTrailer, but a search did not come up with what you all found.  User issues.......
Thanks again for the help and if anyone comes up with a true RV junkyard, I'd like to know about it.
-Scott
Scott and Noreen
Ciberpine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ciberpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2023 at 6:03pm
Thank you all for your replies. 

Jon, can you remember the plastic one that you ordered.  I can't seem to find one of the right size.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott and Noreen
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:50am
ciberpine, sorry for the late response.  i just looked, mine look just like the fulton single axle top step one; part number F008563.  i cant seem to find the black one, this shows silver pastic.  i know it says 13 inch wheels, but i just measured the ones i have and the measurement is the same as listed on the sight.  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Ciberpine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ciberpine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:32am
Thank you, Jon!
Scott and Noreen
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 8:40am
If you're up for a road trip there are surplus parts stores around Elkhart Indiana. I saw lots of fenders for sale when I was there last year (I took the pod home for  little visit).  :)
Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>