This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Podder Here - Event Date: 01 Feb 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Ipodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: New Podder Here
    Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:53pm
Hello to everyone on this forum! Just purchased a 2023 r pod 25 foot with center bath. Looking forward to setting this little camper up and hit the road! Had a motorhome back in 1994. We used it for several years and really enjoyed it. It was a Dolphin MH 32 foot. Life happened so we sold it and now that we are retired we are free to travel!! This go around we wanted a TT instead of an expensive MH and boy has the price gone sky high on MH's. We love this little trailer and plan to do a lot of camping! The wife wonted the center bath for more room in the bath. Haven't went camping yet, we still have freezing temps and the pod is still winterized. Got a great deal on it from the dealer. Well folks we are stoked to have this little camper and when the weather breaks we plan on doing a lot of long term camping. Happy camping everyone and see ya down the road!

Those who are campers you can trust.    Lamar
JR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:21pm
Hello and welcome to the forum.  You will be able to let us all know about the latest and greatest innovations that Forest River has incorporated into the your R Pod.  Most of all enjoy your camping experience and the great outdoors. And don't forget to get accustom to your new weekly schedule of 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.  Again Welcome.
Jay

179/2019
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:43pm
+1  Seeing you are 'seasoned veterans' you will easily pick up all the 'details' involving your new R-Pod.  Nevertheless your best (IMHO) way to get a feel for it will be to camp out at least for an overnight in your driveway to get accustomed to how everything works as well as what you may need to have that you didn't with your 32' Dolphin.  Congratulations and welcome!
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Ipodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ipodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 8:04pm
Thanks Jay for the nice welcome......I'm glad I found this site for r pods.
Ipodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ipodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 8:07pm
Fantastic idea Jato, we will sure do that!
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 8:17pm
Hello and welcome! I hope you have many fun adventures with your RPod and make many great memories doing so.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Ipodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ipodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 1:40pm
Hi StephenH sorry late getting back to you and thank you for the nice welcome. Wife and I plan on spending more time in our new I Pod than at home! I have a question Stephen.... ours has a solar panel to keep the battery charged. Will it hurt to leave the battery power switch on all time? This is the first camper I've had with a solar panel which I think was a great idea to incorporate one on the roof for that purpose. Thanks again.......Happy Camping! 
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 4:04pm
If it has the solar panel installed, I think (but don't know for sure) that you  will need to leave any battery cut-off switch turned on. Ours is old enough to have the wires for solar, but no solar panel or controller. Not knowing the setup, you would need to consult your manuals, your dealer, or others who have the same type setup. I have a Renogy solar suitcase with a charge controller, but it is not part of the RPod.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 7:33pm
Welcome! I tried leaving the battery switch on with our first (and only) solar charger on our 195. It didn't provide enough charge to overcome the drain experienced in our Eastern OR winters. So charge the battery up and turn off the switch. Have fun! (I'm enjoying your enthusiasm!)
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
mjlrpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mjlrpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2023 at 10:38am
Is your fridge a 2 way (elec - propane) fridge, or is it a DC fridge. How many watts is the solar panel. My current rig came stock with 80 watts, but i'm going to add 100 watts, plus a second battery. I have a DC fridge and I want to be sure I can get 2 - 3 days of fridge use, without any shore power or genny assist. Assuming I'm not camped right under a big oak tree. 

2017.5 Rp-172
2020 R-pod 195
2015 Frontier sv 4.0L 6cyl
I'll be rpodding
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>