R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

awning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote snowbortz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: awning
    Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:39pm
Hello,  I am seeking advice on what kind of awning you can put on a 2013 182G (the garage unit). It has the rail above the door.  We already have the R dome but are looking for an attached awning, motorized or manual. Any advice pictures or links are appreciated. 
Thank you!  
Scott

StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2023 at 9:48pm
I don't believe any stowable awning would work as the walls on the 2013 models were not built to support one. The only reason I have one on my 2016 is that it had to go to the factory for repair and the side was replaced. However, you can make an awning by purchasing the Keder welting and sewing to canvas/vinyl, or other fabric so it can slide into the rail. That is what I did before I was able to get the crank-out awning.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 4:21am
Does this work for you?

https://teardropshop.com/products/r-pod-awning?variant=34488682610838
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2023 at 8:10am
We made our awning from a standard 9x12 tarp, some keder tape and tent poles.  We have used it for 4 years and love it.  If interested, I can send you more detailed pixtures.
Travel often and safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply