This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > General Camping > Campers Flea Market
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2016 172 for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 172 for sale
    Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 11:17am
Welp...I'm going to sell my beloved Rpod.

Awesome camper with versatile floorplan: bunkbeds and double dinette bed. Can be configured in several ways. Very clean and well maintained with lots of upgrades. New A/C, new dual batteries, and new electric jack New tires 2022. Wet bath with full galley and 3-way fridge. Many upgrades including window in door, dual propane set-up, think bench cushions with water resistant upholstery, bunk mattresses. Sale includes RDome screen room, all weather cover, and original dinette table and cushions. These weigh about 2400 dry and can be towed with many smaller vehicles. Much loved, just upgrading to 4-season camper. Pictures at:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1097442541655987

Julie
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 2:12pm
julie:  curious, what you lookin at?  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 3:34pm
Lance, mostly 1474 though also like 1575 a bit. Lots of mixed feelings about moving on from the Rpod though.  :)
Julie
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 4:21pm
I'm a 10+ year podder, but I think upgrading would make me happy!  I'd miss, but prob not for long...............kinda of like upgrading my harleys!!  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 5:07pm
Julie, Regardless of what you upgrade to, please stick around and hang out here.  Your posts are well received and a lot of different flavors of travel trailers share similar issues.

Jon, how do you upgrade from a Harley?  I didn't that to be possible although one guy on the crew at the golf course said he upgraded his Harley to a Yamaha 1400cc.  And I do admit, with my eyes closed - sounds like a Harley.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 5:43pm
oops, my bad jato!!!!  never upgrade from a harley; just models and engines!!!!!!  the only other bike i would ever consider would be an indian; but i would have to have my harley as well!!!!  oh, and one other thing, one could never upgrade from the PACK!!!!!  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2023 at 5:51pm
+1 to Jato, stick around Julie.  We upgraded to a trailer that was just a bit bigger and are glad we did. Curiously, FR has abandoned the replacement trailer brand we purchased.  Thankfully, most trailer parts are pretty generic.  The Lance trailers are really nice.  
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 3:28am
+3, stick around Julie.

A couple unsolicited comments on your upgrade plan. Feel free to  ignore them. The trailers you're considering are quite a bit heavier that what you have now. Are you planning a tow vehicle upgrade too? If you are and you want or need a true 4 season trailer (one that you can  take into sub freezing weather for long periods) then the Lance isn't it. Look at something like an Oliver for example. Fully enclosed and heated underbelly, double pane glass, etc. Lots more money but also lots more real world versatility. 

Or consider a small class B rig like what I have now. Im finding that to be a better solution than a travel trailer for our needs, it's about the same size as a full size pickup so easy to park and less expensive than a heavier tow vehicle and trailer combo. 

Just sayin'....
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 5:05am
Agree with Offgrid above on the Oliver, they are quite the trailer! Also +1 consider your tow vehicle.

Lance 2465  empty weight 6830, tongue weight (empty) 930.
Oliver Legacy (18'5") empty weight 3700, tongue weight (empty) 370  price starts @ 57K
Oliver Legacy II (23'6") empty weight 4900, tongue weight (empty) 490 price starts @ 65K

Unless you can find a used Oliver you are looking at a significant amount of $$ to purchase.  Then again, you can't take it with you.  If it is affordable - go for it; none of us are getting any younger.

God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2023 at 11:16am
Thanks for the kind words...I do plan to stick around :)

I will be upgrading my tow vehicle, though the Lance 1475 is quite a bit lighter than any of the options from Oliver (1475 still under 3000 dry, some spec sheets list them around 2500 dry). There are other reasons also, why the Lance is better for me. But I do understand that 4-season doesn't exactly mean 4-season, after all, I may live in Florida but I am really a Mainer.

Anyone want to buy my camper?  :)
Julie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>