R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Fresh water tank overflow - Event Date: 29 Dec 2022

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Spectre17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Fresh water tank overflow
    Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 2:30pm
Need some guidance.
Purchased a brand spanking new Rpod 201 in the summer time, 2022. First trip out we learned what a Showermiser is the hard way. Hooked up to city water and the Showermiser overfilled the fresh tank and water poured out from the belly pan cover panel things. Dealer service department said “it’s ok, nothing broken. It’ll dry out”. Oookaaay.
Last trip out we boon docked and actually used the fresh tank. Filled it at home with the garden hose until water came out the fill hole. And guess what. Water poured out the belly again. Back to service. Asked them if there is an overflow port or is something broken. They tell me it DOES have an overflow port after telling me it didn’t, but it is not channeled out of the belly pan. And they’re gonna charge me $400 if I want them to direct it out.
So here’s the question. IS there an overflow port on the fresh tank? I don’t see anything that looks like an overflow port from inside the storage area where the pump lives. So minus removing belly covers myself I’m kind of at a loss. I don’t mind sticking a drain hose on it myself. Just don’t know where to look.
Help!! Thanks
seafans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2023 at 10:45am
My new 192 had the same issue,not as bad.  When the factory cut the fill and vent hose to size it looked like they used a hatchet to cut the hoses to length.  The fill and vent come off easy and the hoses are secured with clamps.  I removed the hoses ,properly trimmed the hose ends and use pipe goop to resecure the hoses.  There might be a panel inside the trailer that can be removed for more access to the hoses.
hank*pod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote hank*pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 5:10pm
I was told that the overflow is the vent line next to the fresh water fill.

(found image)

But I'm not sure where you're saying water was leaking out.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 7:59pm
I believe hank pod nailed it. Every pod I have seen, from the 151, 152,  to all the 170 and 180 series look just as the above post/pic. shows.  When you are full, the 1/2" line will allow the excess to flow out.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Spectre17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spectre17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 8:35am
Update!!

It was broken. Just as I suspected. After a few trips to the dealer service department and a few emails with Forest River to push the service department to drop the water tank it has been resolved.
The fresh water tank was split at a seam near the top. So here’s what happened. The showermiser filled the fresh tank and while there is a vent near the fill port it wasn’t enough to overflow. The service manager explained to me that the showermiser return line is connected to what WAS the overflow hole.

Great appreciation to Forest River. The dealer was reluctant to drop the underbelly and water tank. FR customer service responded to my emails within a day and contacted the dealer to help get this resolved.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:14am
Interesting. I noticed that the overflow on our Grey Wolf has a spot of sealant over it on the inside. There is no overflow hose connected. It doesn't have a shower saver, so I am wondering where the overflow is going or if there is even an overflow.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
BGN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BGN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 11:01am
We've had this happen on our 3rd  trip out.  Underbelly bulging with water.  We poked holes to drain.  Took almost 2 weeks to get dealer to take in and open belly so could dry out  In shop 34 days.  They never found the problem.  Then a couple of months later on our 4th trip out we had another leak.  Our dealer couldn't take us in for a couple of months.  We found another through RPOD.  There was a pipe that was spewing water out and looks like it had been doing for awhile.  Major damage and mold.  Still in shop for this.  Had to wait for materials.  Bummer.
Did you have any damage to your floors or walls coming from under your unit?  We're concerned about future problems.
BGN
Spectre17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Spectre17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 7:28pm
Ewe, mold. Yuck. That is a bummer. No mold damage for us. Fortunately the broken tank was broken below the chassis so it didn’t get into the cabin.

On a side note, I should open an RV service center. Sounds like there’s plenty of business.
 Post Reply Post Reply