R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wenatchee to Everett Washington

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Linward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wenatchee to Everett Washington
    Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 2:01pm
Will be towing our 196 from central Washington to visit our new great grandchild in late spring 2023.  Trying to decide whether to take Hwy 2 or 20 west.  Time of travel is not an issue.  What IS an issue is that my copilot does not like precipitous drops down from the the side of the road...fear of heights.
If there is enough space next to the road or a guardrail between, she does OK.
Which route would you recommend? 
It's all about choices.
MLLarama View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MLLarama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2023 at 3:03pm
Highway 2 is the fastest way and very safe. I'm a 67 year old gal who in the past towed a 27' travel trailer over it both ways many times over many years. It is 4 lane both ways from west and east of the summit for a few miles and guard rails. Lots of room. You can pull up WSDOT traffic cameras and take a look at the road if you've never driven it to get an idea. There are 4-5 near the summit. Live in E. Wenatchee now and just bought an R-Pod 189 in Mt. Vernon. Towed it home via 2 alone with no problems. Highway 20 is very scenic, but a long slog. Generally 2 lane with pullouts. And sometimes doesn't open for the year until late May. But if it's open and you go that way there are several Forest Service campgrounds that are nice to stay a few days in. Quiet and in the woods. Lots of birds during migration. I think all have water to fill your tank or water jug.
Linward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2023 at 12:16pm
MLLarama, Thanks for the excellent response.  We will heed it and take Hwy 2.
It's all about choices.
 Post Reply Post Reply