R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Monitor panel while on shore power only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monitor panel while on shore power only
    Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 1:07pm
I don't think John Ms issue and yours are the same. His panel wasn't showing all LEDs lit with the converter plugged in and no 12V load. That indicates low voltage from the converter and a functioning indicator panel.

Your symptoms are different  the indicator  panel itself isnt acting right. I suggest you get a voltmeter if you don't already have one and measure the voltage out of your converter directly. See if it's normal (around 13-14V with no 12V loads on. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
ChrisWL View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2022 at 3:23pm
Hello -

I've noticed something during my annual winterization (NE Wisconsin-based) and not sure whether it is a problem. I removed the twin Trojan 6-volt batteries and brought them inside as usual, and am still connected to shore power at home. Lights work, electronic ignition for space heater works, A/C outlets work, on/off switch and ignition for (propane-side) water heater works - so far so good.

But: The monitor panel is acting odd. Checking status on any of the three water tanks, or on batteries / electric, will light the LED for a few seconds, and then the LEDs fade out and require a few minutes before I can check again. This happens repeatedly. I've gone so far as to re-install my 6V batteries to see if the panel works only on DC, and the behavior is the same.

I've read this post by John Marucci, which mentions the monitor panel as a possible indicator that the power converter may have an issue, though the symptoms he describes aren't quite the same as the above: https://johnmarucci.com/2022/01/24/five-r-pod-woes-to-avoid/

Thoughts? Any pointers will be welcomed! Thank you.

2016 179
2017 Honda Ridgeline TV

Post Reply Post Reply