This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW CAMPER IDEAS - Event Date: 24 Nov 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: NEW CAMPER IDEAS
    Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 9:24pm
Very nice! Since you know many Lance owners, Furpod, I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me. Have you ever known anyone who put a bunk above the bed (I'm thinking specifically of the 1475 and 1575 but it wouldn't really matter.) any advice or suggestions?
Julie
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by EchoGale

Very nice! Since you know many Lance owners, Furpod, I'm wondering if you could answer a question for me. Have you ever known anyone who put a bunk above the bed (I'm thinking specifically of the 1475 and 1575 but it wouldn't really matter.) any advice or suggestions?

I do not know of anyone doing, or having done, that mod..

Those are the two lightest and smallest floor plans, for now.. (new off roader, the "Enduro" is two prototypes in..)

I would say it's "possible" in the 1575, but it would take a lot of work and block the windows, 1475 I think the curvature of the front is maybe to tight..
The dinettes make up into beds just fine. Both my wife, and my SIL have slept on ours and had no complaints.
To get a dinette in the 1475, you have to find a "1475S".. rare, but out there.

I think the 2185 is the smallest model with bunks now. There's also a newer floor plan with bigger bunks, (2445) but it's bigger than our 2295, which we feel is right at the limit of how big we would ever want to have.
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 5:30pm
Thanks Furpod. I really like the couch in the 1475 and don't want a dinette. I also really don't want to have to make up a bed and have it a bed instead of a place to sit in the morning. I love my 172 but I can just see that it's not durable enough for long term. I could already see my plan would block windows but I thought the difference between the width of the bottom bunk and a twin on top might work despite the curve.  I'm hoping to get inside one and I'll report back if i learn anything.  :)
Julie
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 7:29am
Here is a sample of potential competition for North American manufacturers from the other side of the pond.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDV8INVGP0Q  The build quality will make some companies here very nervous.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 5:16pm
Any opinions/thoughts/critique on Grand Design?  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 6:48pm
My sister and brother-in-law have a Grand Design 5th wheel. They are nice, but they are not without problems. Even Airstreams have issues. As long as we want to have these rolling earthquakes, we will have issues.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 10:36pm
Rover Pod mentioned the E Pro. 
We travel with a couple that has an E Pro and they love it.  they bought it new, but I  don't recall exactly what year and model it is.  they travel  the Southeast and can boondock or stay in campgrounds(National Forest, Corps of Engineers, State parks,etc). We have traveled with them for about 5 years and they have not had any significant problems.
It looks like a nice floor plan although the kitchen counter area is smaller than our 179. It has a propane 3 burner stove with oven.The bed area is large, it has a full bath with dry shower, a large 3 way refrigerator and awning windows. the seating area is a couch with a fold up table for meals.
  It looks nice  and seems as well made as others I have seen in it's class. As I said, it's about 5 years old and I don't know what it cost when new, but now comparable models are more than the current larger R Pods which are approximately the same size.

We still love our 179
Good luck with your search- I think most of us are always on the lookout for the next trailer.  Keep us up to date with your research.
Travel often and safe
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12