This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW CAMPER IDEAS - Event Date: 24 Nov 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: NEW CAMPER IDEAS
    Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 1:33pm
Have been thinking about getting a new camper someday; just want some good honest opinions on recommendations.  I know this could go all over the place on ideas.  Not interested in top end rigs, just middle of the ground solid camper for lengthy trips.  Prob around the 25+/- foot length.  Thanks for any solid info/ideas.  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 2:22pm
Jon, in my limited experience, you buy cheap that's what you'll get. But you can spend a lot and not be happy either. Shop a number of dealers' lots in your price range and get used to options, verbiage, and sales tactics. You should be comfortable - no pressure - read reviews. Many RVer's think they know what they want, then a couple years later get one bigger. We did, going from 18' to 27' to 30+ foot before going back to a 22' unit that has what we want at this point in our lives. Starting with a good, well cared for used one saves you from the depreciation you suffer from buying new. Take your time and enjoy your investment, have fun!
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 2:29pm
Dirt Sifter; curious on one thing.  Why did you go back to a 22 footer?  Honestly I like the shorter 20s and Pam like the longer 20's.  We are both (Pam and I) are totally open, we are just curious.  Thanks for your thoughts.  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dirt Sifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 2:56pm
A number of reasons, but generally - age, not comfortable towing the larger, longer unit after 70. Got tired searching for RV parks that had room for or allowed longer trailers. Less maintenance required and really didn't need the extra space for family anymore. Wanted something we could tow with a smaller pickup and on rural, unpaved roads more comfortably. (The smaller pickup worked better on the off road places we liked to go into after setting up.) Etc.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
RoverPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RoverPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 5:36pm
I like the Rockwood Geo Pro (or the Flagstaff EPro which is the same thing).
2017 F150 XLT SuperCab
2020 rPod 180
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:01am
I am always looking at Lance. From what I understand a more quality build (and would love to hear differently if folks here disagree). 

They have models in similar sizes to Rpods and I look at 1475 and 1574. Used ones range from about 20-35K...so not too crazy. I like that they have 4-season options, and I'm the kind of person who would prefer to buy something and keep it for a really long time. I don't really like new things.

Only drawback for me is they don't come wiht a bunkbed option.
Julie
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 11:36am
Oh ya, Lance RV's are very nice.  Anyone have any thoughts/experience with Grand Design?  jon
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
EchoGale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote EchoGale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 12:32pm
Wow. There smallest one wiht the bunk is really nice. A bit too heavy for me though.  :(
Julie
David and Danette View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:00pm
   The Bigfoot campers are very interesting but the price is above our budget. I think camper prices have increased so much the last two years it is better to wait and hope the prices come back down.
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 4:55pm
We now know many Lance owners.. Well built, solid 4 season campers. Our favorite floor plan is now discontinued.. just like the 177.. Angry

But ours has been mostly trouble free, with nothing outside of the normal "it moves and bounces" issues over the years. It's hard to believe we have now been in the lance exactly as long as the Pod, 6 years each.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>