R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Frames and axels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Scuba Steve View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Scuba Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frames and axels
    Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 3:32pm
I can only assume that they will be replacing the axel with a higher rated one.

They will be replacing my frame as well as the side wall as well as an interior panel 

For all that may be in need of the person I contacted.

Tina Curtis , She is the r pod warranty administrator. tcurtis@foresrriverinc.com. 

Her number574-535-1546 Ext. 37124

I hope this helps others
Steve
chasl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote chasl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 12:25pm
follow
cl
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 6:05pm
Are they going to replace your axle with one that has a heavier weight rating?  Was the original axle rated at 3500 lbs?  Thanks
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scuba Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:14pm
After proofreading this after I posted I wanted to make it clear to other owners, Lippert is paying for the frame, outside panel and inside panel of my unit and covering transportation to and from the facility in Illinois.

But they have not issued a recall.
Steve

Post Options Post Options   Quote Scuba Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 5:05pm
Hope this helps others,
I own a 2021 R pod 195. After 1 year I had to have the tongue jack replaced and it fell under the extended warranty. Great

While it was in for that I found out the axel was busted and that also fell under the extended warranty. Great

1 year later "now the unit is 2 years old" I realized there was a crack top left of the door on the outside panel of the unit and a bulge on the top right and the door was becoming more difficult to open.

So I took a look under the unit and the frame under door just behind the axel had a 3 inch crack in it lengthwise and the frame was bending because of this. 

I call r pod warranty and they are aware of the fact that the frame manufacturer "Lippert" put axels on these units that where to small to support the unit. I am in the process of arranging with a transport company to flatbed my unit from NY to Illinois for repairs and Lippert is paying for it.

So far there is no recall but all owners of these units should be aware of this.
Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123