R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Leak from Under

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leak from Under
    Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 10:08am
Hello.... I just got a (used/2021) RP202 the four season edition.   I am currently living in it, I went out today and saw a stream from underneath, the water appears to be coming from either the black water or grey water drain and dripping down the exposed foam insulation, in the very center.  This entire bottom is covered with a protective sheet that appears to be bolted on.  I dont mind investigating this myself but want to know how to approach this?   do I have to take the entire bottom covering off to gain access?
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 11:05am
You might want to put some dye in one or the other of the tanks to verify which may be leaking.  Also, you may want to consider whether it is the tank or the piping connected to it that is the source of the problem.  

As for the bolts holding the corrugated plastic sheeting, I tried to remove them when i had to make a repair to the brake wires on my Sonoma (the RP 202 have a similar bottom) and found it almost impossible to remove them.  I ended up cutting a hole for access and taped it closed with some high density 3" wide foam insulation tape to patch it up.  I's been on there for about 9 moths and has held up very well.  Here's the tape I used:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SFDWGFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
FM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 1:41pm
thank you.  good advice on dye and the tape.  I have not yet tried to take one of the bolts out yet, but suspect I will run into the same issue you had.
 Post Reply Post Reply