R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Winterizing a 2022 RPOD 192

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RVjustCamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winterizing a 2022 RPOD 192
    Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:43am
Can someone tell me how to put where the hose is to put the antifreeze into the lines?  I know where the pump is (behind the panel in the bathroom) but as I watch all the youtubes on how to winterize your camper they all show a loose hose to stick into the gallon container of antifreeze.  I do not find one here to use and am getting frustrated.  Thanks for any help!
RPV
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:40am
Good day.

Please double check the location of your pump, step one...I say this because I have a 2021 192 and my h2o pump is accessed through the driver side storage access door (on your right, when looking into the storage compartment.
You could need to remove a little protective wall that is held with a couple screws into the floor). Kind of behind the bedside cabinet.

On my 192 it is the water heater in the hidden area accessed through the bathroom panel.

Either way, when you look at the pump, there should be a lever for you to select where the pump draws from. It should be set to draw water from the line running to the fresh water tank.

The lever should move 90 degrees and the line it points to should now be a relatively short line that isn't connected at its opposite end. This unconnected end is to be placed in your rv antifreeze container and draw from it.

Good luck and let us know how it goes for you! I would be interested in finding out if they have moved the water pump to the water heater area or not.

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
RVjustCamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RVjustCamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 12:30pm
Thanks so much Andy and Laurie, I found it!  Saw it from the inside but dismissed it and when I went in the storage area (big enough for one arm and my head) I saw the label.  It said turn the lever off to the tank and on to the inlet.  I'm assuming there is only one lever since I cannot see in there very well and the put 10 hoses in an area that fits only 5 :), very snug.  Thanks again for your help and can't wait for the cold of Wisconsin to leave so we can get out again.  On another point, do you notice on your 2021 how poor the workmanship is on the camper?  I've got staples showing, a chip in the inside door edge and things cover up marks that just disappoint me in this camper, love it except for those types of things.  I've had it back at the dealer twice and have had issues with the Dometic refrigerator door handles breaking (twice) wish my came with the Norco model.

Take care.

Rick
RPV
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 5:58pm
Hopefully they replaced the handles and no charge.  They must have really gone chincey on those as my original lasted 10 years without any problems and am now just finished year 2 with the new one (same model and size) and again, no issues.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
john in idaho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote john in idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 7:22am
If you have an air compressor- even the small one from Harbor Freight will do , you can get a fitting that goes on the hose intake for the water and allows you to hook the compressor to the water lines. No more than 30 or 40 psi, but first drain the HWH by taking the electrode out and the low point drains.  then you don't have that evil taste in the water all the next camping season.  Still have to put some in the drain   goosenecks.
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 10:33am
You are welcome, just happy to help where we can.

Yes, some areas (insert tongue in cheek here...) do leave a bit to be desired. But, all things considered we love our 192! Lots of help and ideas to work with on this site, and a lot of experienced people available to help with ideas.

We have the Norcold fridge, and we are very impressed with its performance in all temperature conditions. Sorry to hear you are having troubles with yours, hopefully the new handles are longer lasting!

Cheers,

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2022 at 7:01pm
Hearing more and more about this Norcold fridge.  Is it a 2-way or 3-way fridge.  I could care less about the battery option, on our first Dometic I used the battery option 1 time over a span of 10 years.  So can I suppose this is a 2-way?  May be something I would be interested in when this one gives up the ghost in another 8 years or so.  We usually camp where there is no electric, like national parks, state forest campgrounds and the like.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 8:51am
Hello Jato.

It is a 2 way fridge, propane and 110V. It is impressive in how quickly it cools on both propane and 110V, in the heat of summer.

When we camp we always have one of those indoor/outdoor thermometers with the outside sensor set in the freezer. Once the freezer has sufficiently chilled we move it to the fridge to check it isn't too cold. We only set it to the mid cooling setting or even less so it isn't too cold in the fridge.

Wherever we go, my wife likes to have ice made and ready to go for some drinks when we get to our evening stop. :-)

The only thing I have had to do to it is to retighten the door screw at the hinge. It had vibrated a bit loose and the hold open catch or thw fridge door didn't quite line up enough to engage. Easy fix and my wife is happy...so I am very happy with it.

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'21 RP192
Red-Green
steveterrynpoppy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote steveterrynpoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:26pm
We followed these instructions to winterize our 2021 171 this week.   https://johnmarucci.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/R-Pod-Winterization-Process-Document-2.pdf

Incredibly helpful.   But I wonder if we should have emptied the hot water heater before blowing the lines?   We had A LOT of water to pump out from what I thought was just the lines.  A couple of gallons.   Could that have been coming from the hot water heater?    Just seemed odd to have that much water in the lines.  

gpokluda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gpokluda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 12:37pm
Hi. When winterizing you should purge water from the entire system including the hot water tank. On a 179, you drain the tank by removing the anode rod so I am pretty sure it will be the same on the 171. It's either a 1 1/8" or 1 1/4" hex head, can remember. I have an old plumbers valve remover that works, so that's what I use. When doing that, it's a great opportunity to flush you tank to remove sediment.

Best of luck!
Gpokluda
2017 Rpod 179(sold 2023)
2022 Escape 5.0TA
2022 Ford F150 4X4 3.5EB
Triumph T120
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>